Thread: Setting up Vonage with BSNL

Setting up Vonage with BSNL

I am attempting to setup the vonage with wa1003a modem in India. We are getting issues while applying the alters associated to DHCP. Logged into modem page as well as attempted to allow the DHCP characteristic. However the alters are not getting applied. Altered the network IP settings in the PC to regain it dynamically. We are not capable to enable the dhcp characteristic on particularly in the modem. For me "Obtain dynamic IP automatically" is not functioning. Desktop has windows XP OS, router from vonage is RTP300 model as well as wa1003a modem from BSNL for data one connection. Any help in solving this problem would be very much valued. Thanks in advance

Re: Setting up Vonage with BSNL

For Huawei wa1003a adsl modem you have to you have to open Setup then you have to choose ‘Server On’. Choose DCHP Configuration you require to have modem assigning dynamic addresses to the interior devices containing the Vonage router. In my situation the tele . at first made me to assigned fixed addresses. Observe Hostname as well as Domain Name. You have to open Setup after that Management IP and then you be able to observe them there

for Vonage Linksys router you have to go to setup and then choose “Obtain IP dynamically” > place Hostname as well as Domain name and then go to Save settings .In situation of Vonage Linksys brochure, it informs you choose “PPoE” as well as place the username as well as password. However I learnt hard way that “Obtain IP dynamically” make things effort. “Internet” status line on router as well as “LAN” light on modem is supposed to be blinking among other things. This is difficult for the reason that it blinks just a bit. This point to that router as well as modem is communicating. The stable internet light means that they are not communicating.

It is very easy if you follow some easy sets. Now that you have completed some alters in your Linksys RPT300 modem, you would have to rearrange to factory settings. After that Internet settings has to be PPPOE, you have to enter the user name along with the domain name, enter DNS . If you are still not capable to connect, after that I be able to almost certainly take several screen shots as well as send you across over the weekend.

Hey I am facing the similar type of problem. The internet efforts well with the bsnl Huawei WA1003A modem. however while WAN socket of Motorola is attached to Ethernet socket of bsnl as well as the phone being connected to Line1 or Line2 of the Motorola...the phone does not effort. Either the phone goes dead or the dial tone shows however once the US number is dialed the phone line finds disconnected. Can somebody please assist me in addition to inform me how to go with it? Thanks in advance

If you could inform me the network setup, possibly i can assist you. Primary make sure whether BSNL net which you have is a pppoe configured or DHCP its means that do you have any username as well as password for internet. Motorola VT1005 will be containing one power light. While you reboot this device it will begin blinking once which indicates device booting up after that it will blink double that indicates waiting for the internet from your BSNL modem, after that 3 blink which indicates contacting vonage server, 4 blink registering the device in vonage proxy afterward the power light will go solid. You will not find dial tone till as well as except you contain solid power light. Usually the device will be fixed in 2 blink which indicates the device is waiting for internet attachment from BSNL. Phone is supposed to be in line 1. Modem connected to wan port as well as computer connected to computer port in vt1005.