Thread: DSL light blinking? Noisy line? Bad wiring? Not able to solve

DSL light blinking? Noisy line? Bad wiring? Not able to solve

I got my MTNL broadband connection (with WiFi router) concerning 3 years ago as well as it has been functioning well since then, apart from a few glitches while I attempted to alter the plan. I understand that the service is good as long as it is in functioning condition; it is simply while you require involving the MTNL staff that things go crooked. My connection started dropping 4 to 5 time a day in past days, with the DSL light flickering. I used up approximately 7 weeks of calling 1504, which usually finished up in either a long as well as useless re-configuring of the entire TCP/IP as well as router settings, or the idea to contact 198 to solve "line problems".

Re: DSL light blinking? Noisy line? Bad wiring? Not able to solve

198 is an automated service which permits you to enter your MTNL no., your "contact number" (they call on your landline anyhow) as well as register a complaint. With my example of regarding 18-20 complaints, 40% of them involved receiving a call inquiring "is internet functioning?" with me stating "no" as well as after that concluding with an SMS on my "contact number" stating "Your complaint number xxxx has been go to". The other 60% of the complaints had simply the SMS.

Can you post your SNR margin and Attenuation reading? MTNL regulation states that the tell line coming to your house be supposed to primary come to your splitter after that to other inform instruments. In several cases even if it is does not, it might effort. It did not in my situation. After that MTNL will always verify for line issue first, it is something to perform with their hierarchy in their company as well it just might be the situation in most cases.

I advise that you write to the DGM/GM regarding your issues with the screen shots of your SNR margin and Attenuation reading, inform them the entire what you have talk about here so they are familiar with the history of your situation. If probable visit the DGM (Internet) at your swap. If that does not effort then write to the ED the links be able to be found Mumbai MTNL.

As per your post, we are able to obviously feel the pain you have undergone; now it is time for action. Mail your problems with Screenshots (As Socrates recommended) to dgmbbmbi@mtnl site (DGM BANDRA) as well as send a CC to edmbi@mtnl site things will effort out automatically. In the intervening time we would like to observe your modem log as well as the SNR Margin

I totally agree. Persistent written as well as phone call follow-ups with the ED's office as well as GM Broadband's office (with cc as well as phone calls to your Area GM), is the key to receiving action. pay no attention to your linesman's ministrations. If things do not effort at the ED level, write a polite however firm mail, quoting the entire your broadband complaint numbers to DoT in Delhi, as well as stating zero-action from MTNL bosses.