Thread: Wifi Configuration on BSNL VMC AN1020-21

Wifi Configuration on BSNL VMC AN1020-21

Hello friends, I am posting first time on this forum. It is seem that many guys find it difficult to configure Wi-Fi to use their Computer, Laptop or mobile device in BSNL VMC AN1020-21 latest type of modem. I am also having same issue. I have BSNL connection for internet and new BSNL modem type-II(BSNL VMC AN1020-21). I want to access net on my laptop and mobile through wireless or Wi-Fi. But the problem is that I don’t know hot configure with this modem. Please anybody help. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Wifi Configuration on BSNL VMC AN1020-21

I read your problem, First I want to welcome you on this forum. I hope this forum will solve your issue. You will keep posting on this forum to share your idea. I will provide detail to configure this. First connect your BSNL modem to your PC. Remove line cord coming to modem. Configure LAN TCP/IP settings. Open Network connection from control panel. View property of LAN. Select TCP/IP and click on property. Complete the entire field. Then OK. In your laptop type CMD in run then type ipconfig/all then press enter. In wireless connection note down that value see your MAC address.

Hello friend I am posting how BSNL people were configured this problem after long time by simply changing configuration of modem. Open Internet Explorer ant type 192.168.1.2 in address bar. You will be asked for user-name and password which is admin. Then click on interface setup and below of the page change the value 1500as 1492 for TCP MTU to 0 bytes. Then click on save click on ADSL in advance setup and set mode Auto-Sync up. Press save. Then click sysresart. Restart the system with current settings. with this setting I have not problem.try this.

Hello friend thank you for the suggestion. It is working with mobile device. Now I can access the net on cell phone. I have Dell laptop R15. And Intel wireless Mini card. Still I am not able to connect internet on my laptop. I tried several thing. First I ping google from command prompt. Ping statistics are sent packet is 4,received is 4, lost is 0,round trip time in mili seconds: minimum=421ms,maximum=431ms,average=426ms. Then type ipconfig for windows ip configuration.

Surly I can help you in this situation. Follow the instruction mention here. Go to your browser ant type 72.14.207.104 and see google page. Ok open the control panel. Then click on network connections, and right click on Local area network. Then click on property of LAN. Then select TCP/IP then click on property. Here you will find DNS server setup. enter the IP’s 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

Thank you very much friend to help me. Now I am able to connect my laptop and my mobile to Wi-Fi. I found this forum very use full to me. I will keep visiting this forum this can help me to get more technical knowledge about computer. I had tried lot of thing for that. You people have solved very easily. Now I come to know the use the forum. I will suggest my friend to view the forum. Now I will never forget how to configure the BSNL modem of type II

I would like to connect my Wireless IP camera to my BSNL VMC router and would like to view the images remotely. How should i configure the router and how can i do port forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by Arun Moorthy View Post
    I would like to connect my Wireless IP camera to my BSNL VMC router and would like to view the images remotely. How should i configure the router and how can i do port forwarding
    You can watch the video here to setup the wireless IP camera to your router - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-P0FJ5Kj8M