Thread: Speed fluctuates on MTNL Triband 599 plan

Speed fluctuates on MTNL Triband 599 plan

Hi everybody I'm in front of internet speed fluctuation trouble since long time and it gives me 20,35,15,75,60,12 Kbps downloading speed now. Earlier I was getting stable speed of 62kbps on idm and now it does not even gives up to 35kbps speed. Does anybody has any idea that why suddenly my internet connection have started giving me slower download speed? I am using a MTNL Triband 599 plan and I stay in Mumbai.

Re: Speed fluctuates on MTNL Triband 599 plan

I would like to ask you that are you using the DSL 599 or Unlimited 599 and have you even taken a look to the SNR margin & attenuation readings. As these readings are one from where you can understand the reason for problem. First of all I suggest you to call to the customer care as they might be having some idea if there is anything wrong with the server at their end. Toll free number is 1504 where you can inquire about whatever you want.

I have noticed that even on unlimited plans of a broadband connection, There are some limits on the download after which your downloading speed gets down for the further usage but still there are no charges for downloading speed. Just like in latest BSNL 2 MBPS unlimited plan, You can have a great downloading speed about 1.8 mbps till you have not crossed the limit of 50 Gb after which your downloading speed gets down to similar as that of 512 unlimited plan. But these things are not shown in the promotions. I suggest you to confirm about the same from the customer care.

Check that there are no limitations set on your MTNL Triband due to which you might not be able to enjoy its downloading speed upto its maximum limit. First of all make sure that there are no viruses on your machine due to which your browser may not be working properly. For solving this issue, You can check using some other browser which may solve your issue. If not then scan your whole machine and remove all the detected viruses out of it.