Thread: Need information regarding router configuration for Tikona connection

Need information regarding router configuration for Tikona connection

I have been using Tikona broadband connection for internet connection at my home in desktop computer since 11 months. I recently I got Wi-Fi router of D-link to use internet on my mobile phone . I am using Nokia E72 handset. I want to configure D-link router , I don’t know which type of connection is provided by Tikona Broadband.
    Is it PPTP or L2TP or PPPoE type connection?
    Currently I set my router in auto mode so every time I start my PC then I have to login in Tikona network by my PC. Then and then only I can use internet in my mobile. After some ideal time my net get disconnected.
    I want to set my Wi-Fi as personal hot-spot.Since I am outside of India I am not able to call tikona customer care. Anybody can help to start internet on my cell phone. Any Help would be appreciated.

Re: Need information regarding router configuration for Tikona connection

A router is a type of a networking device and it can be used as a gateway to connect a computer and broadband internet modem. A Wi-Fi router or wireless router acts as a wireless access point, This type of connection let your wireless devices, such as a laptop or mobile to connect with it and connect to your network wirelessly. In order to use your W-iFi router, you must connect your computer, modem and router using Ethernet cables. You must also configure router. Follow documentation provided by router.

This guide explains how to set up a router for home computer networks. Plug in the router power source and then turn on the router the power button. Connect your Tikona Internet modem to the router. Most network modems are connected through an Ethernet cable but USB connections are becoming more common these days. The cable plugs into the router. After connecting the cable, be sure to power turn off and turn back on the modem to ensure the router recognizes it. first connect computer to the router via a network cable. Open your Web browser. Then enter the router's address for network administration in the Web address field and then press enter return to reach the router's home page. Many router returns web address "http://192.168.1.1" or http://192.168.0.1 look at your router's documentation to determine the exact address for your model. Note that you do not a working Internet connection for this step. Enter the router user name and password provided in documentation and change the password do this once you have completed the installation. IP must be set in router. If you are using a primary or old computer to connect the Internet, your provider may require you to update the MAC address of the router with MAC address of the device you are using. Change network name. verify connection is working. Verify your comp can connect to internet. Connect addition computer to router. Finally configure network security features.

Steps required configuring your wireless router.
    Firstly disconnect your internet modem. Connect Wi-Fi router to modem using Ethernet cable. Turn off your computer. Take another cable and connect your Wi-Fi to your computer. Turn on the modem, router and computer. Wait for, modem to connect your ISP provider. And now check whether your Wi-Fi router is making connection with the modem. Log on to the Wi-Fi URL. Type URL on your browser. This address can be found on the documentation that comes with router. You will redirected to setting page. Enter the user name and password for router. Configure the settings. In main page you will get link top change many settings. Change your network name. type of encryption. At end click on finish.

Firstly I would like to thank you for posting your views regarding configuring router. I think your are computer literate. So easily you explained me how to configure the wireless router. I now I am able to connect my mobile phone to Wi-Fi router. Now i can access internet on both on my computer and my cell phone and also laptop. One thing I did not how to hide my network my being searched from other. I want to hide my network search from other in my building for security reasons.