Thread: Do these unlimited plans from Tata photon plus give unlimited usage ?

Do these unlimited plans from Tata photon plus give unlimited usage ?

I have subscribed to the unlimited plans from the tata photon which claims to give the speed of 3.1mbps at 750Rs-month. I want to ask that is this unlimited plan gives the freedom of unlimited usage. I have doubt in my mind whether such type of unlimited download are given by any other isp providers. Since this is my new tata photon connection and hence I am not quite sure about this topic. So that’s why I am asking this question with you all. So anyone of you having any idea regarding this matter then do let me know about it. I am waiting for your responses.

Re: Do these unlimited plans from Tata photon plus give unlimited usage ?

Well there are unlimited data usage plans released by various other isp such as airtel, reliance, mtnl ,bsnl etc. they provide unlimited data usage but the problem is with the speed. Well the download speed that they give you is the limited one. So once you try exceeding the speed limit of the browsing speed that is given to you. Your speed will slip down to 512kbps. You cannot go beyond the browsing or the downloading speed that is being given to you by the isp. So if you have subscribed to the unlimited data plans then you will get the unlimited data usage. The only problem is with the speed.

I am one of the mtnl users who has subscribed to the 499 unlimited data plans. I am facing a lot of disconnection In the internet while I am browsing the internet. The adsl light often gets disconnected and hence the internet connection goes down. Sometimes the server is down and hence I get a server timed out error. So if you have switched to the unlimited data plan structure then I would warn you that be prepared to face the consequences that I am facing right now. Even you will be also treated the same way as I am getting treated now. The same was not the case when I had subscribed to the mtnl 512 data plan where they used to charge me for the data usage. I have tried talking to the mtnl people about this problem and they have no answer for this.

Well I don’t know about the other isp but for the unlimited downloads I would advise you to have a check with the airtel for the unlimited data usage plans. I am using airtel for some time now and I have subscribed to the 1Mbps plan @ 950/month. As of now I am really very happy with the service. I am not at all disappointed with the speed and also I do not get any disconnection while browsing. I can download a 500MB file in a hour. So I am very happy with the service it is giving me. Also I would like to add here that the unlimited data plan means unlimited usage and they are not going to charge a single penny for it. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say.

Ok, I have understood what you all are trying to explain. Well I was a bit confused about this matte and hence I thought it would be great to ask you about it. Well I had many friends who had subscribed to the unlimited data plans and later they were getting charged for it. So I do not want the same thing to be happening with me. So that’s why I asked you all. Just to clear out the doubts. I have read all your suggestion and all were quite informative. So thanks a lot for providing all the necessary information for me.