Thread: Will Airtel Broadband stop FUP on 512k plans after TRAI ?

Will Airtel Broadband stop FUP on 512k plans after TRAI ?

I’ve heard that airtel bharti will stop its FUP on 512 kb plan from 1st jan of 2011. I don’t know whether this news is true or not. I’m using a 512 kb plan and if this news is correct then it will be great for me. please give me some information about the changes which will take place after TRAI to the existing user of airtel. Please give me some information on the user of 512 kb plan. what will be the effect of TRAI on the user of 512 kb plan. also provide some information about the new plan which is going to apply.

Re: Will Airtel Broadband stop FUP on 512k plans after TRAI ?

Yes, airtel bharti has announced that they will not apply FUP on 512 kb. It means you’ll get a minimum speed of 512 kbps from 1st jan. your speed will not get change after crossing your limit. You’ll get the same speed which you are using before crossing limit. Airtel has already increased it speed for the user who are using less speed then 512 kbps. The user who are using speed like 64,128, 256 kbps, airtel has already increased their speed to 512 kbps.

Airtel will stop its FUP on 512k plan from 1st jan. airtel has done something like this before also. It has doubled the speed of its user in a special scheme the user who are using 64, 128, 256 kb speed they got a doube speed. The user who have a 512 kb speed, they got a 1 mbps speed. They got this speed in a special scheme and they don’t charge anything for this. So, minimum speed of 512 kbps is obvious. But you’ll get this after applying TRAI. You have to wait for this.

Airtel has already upgraded their customer scheme. Airtel has given a special offer to its existing customer. It has doubled the speed of their customer. Now giving a minimum speed of 512 kbps is not shocking news. It will offer this scheme after the TRAI will get apply. Airtel has officially declared that it will be apply in the month of January 2011. You’ll not get any extra charges of this speed. If you have taken a limited plan of 512k then you’ll get the same speed after crossing your limit.

You’ll get this FUP scheme from 2011 but I don’t know the exact date and month of this. If airtel provide this scheme then other broadband service also provide this, because they don’t have any other option. Airtel will give you a minimum speed of 512 kb. It will also give you some new plans from which you can get a high speed at low price. Now, he is offering a 4 mbps speed of 899 RS. But it is limited to 6 GB. There are also some unlimited plan. you have to search on internet for this plan.