Thread: Reliance broadband plans in Chennai

Reliance broadband plans in Chennai

Hi guys I am in two minds and I would require your help. A week back I was in Mumbai for appearing for my board exams. Currently I am using an Airtel connection for Rs 1299 /- pm with a download speed of about 1 mbps. I was happy with the plan because I had a limit of 100 gb of download. But since this Fair Usage Policy has come up I have started getting a download limit of 25 gb which much too low then what I was offered initially. I am a student and require to doenload video tutorials from the internet every noe and then. I am in my hometown Chennai and am in search of a good broadband connection. I have heard about Reliance can someone help me out to decide whether Reliance is a good option or not.

Re: Reliance broadband plans in Chennai

You really need to confirm about reliance buddy, because as far as I know even Reliance has started with the Fair Usage Policy. These Reliance guys are not whom you can depend on, initially they will promise you for good services and then later their services will get poor day by day. I just don’t understand why are they imposing limited downloads on Unlimited plans. Its all because of Fair Usage Policy I hate this policy a lot. It is like a virus in our unlimited broadband plans. This Reliance company advertises that you can use the connection for video streaming, video surveillance, rich media content and superior internet browsing, and all this at what cost just 10Gb limit. I think they are trying to fool the customers.

I am a resident of Chennai. Currently I am into the film and entertainment industry so I need to hook to the internet for hours in length. If you are trying for Reliance Broadband connection then I would advise you to think again. This Reliance company is a cheat and they completely try to bluff their consumers. They think they can survive in the market with the help of a small investment, but if they really think that then they are wrong. Now consumers have started becoming choosy in their desires and they will not go in for anything for nothing in return. I have heard they have a broadband plan with just 10Gb limit and after it exceeds the limit they charge you on every single Mb which is not fair at all. They need to rethink and re-evaluate things before they start loosing customers. As said in Consumer Relationship Management that if a company looses a customer then it has to be prepared to loose yet another.

One of my friend is using Reliance Wi-max connection since April 2010, and he is satisfied with the services up till now. Things are stable with his plan. I have even heard Reliance has got a 1 mbps plan in which you can get a download speed of 2 mbps for about Rs 1499 /-, but I don’t know that has it got any Fair usage policy till this date. I have even. There are even postpaid plans in which what you need to do is pay an initial amount of Rs 1599 /- and get a Reliance Netconnect alongwith a USB. Then you can choose any of the plans that they suggest. For example there is a broadband connection in which it offers free 10gb usage in day time with free 10gb usage in night with a monthly rental of Rs 1298 /-. After you exceed the limit you will be charged 50 paise per MB.