Thread: Changes in Airtel Broadband speed in Banglore

Changes in Airtel Broadband speed in Banglore

I have been using an Airtel broadband connection in banglore. All was fine until yesterday. Today I have recently noticed that there is something wrong with my internet speed or bandwidth. For that reason I have tested my internet using speed test and I got shocked. The Download speed was 2.19Mb/s and the upload speed was 0.88Mb/s. it seems to me that I am getting more speed than my existing plan. Let’s hope that it will stay forever.

Re: Changes in Airtel Broadband speed in Banglore

Don’t hope that it will remain the same. Within few days I think that you will again come to normal speed. It is just a technical glitch you are facing. It happens sometime when there is something wrong with server. Have you tested the speed again? If not then test it several time. If you get the same speed then assume that you are in luck.

I think that the Airtel has just offered you a speed as sample. So don’t think that you will use this speed forever. The Airtel will shortly going to cutoff this speed. Otherwise just assume that you plan has been recently swapped to some other plan. So you need to contact the Airtel customer service center to verify that what’s wrong with your speed.

It seems to me that the speedtest showing wrong result. As far as I know the Airtel didn’t provide the download speed t0 2Mbps. It just has mistaken. Due to the FUP of the Airtel the download speed not exceeds more than 512Kbps or 1Mbps. Only the BSNL is providing download speed more than 2Mbps. So I think you are getting wrong result.

Have you restarted your modem? If you are using any external modem then make sure to restart it once and check again for proper speed. Use any other speed test apps to furthermore confirm the actual speed. Don’t get too excited because even if the monitor shows the download speed as 2Mbps then you will not get the whole. You can only obtain less than 512Kbps.