Thread: MTNL Broadband: Getting billed in unlimited plan

MTNL Broadband: Getting billed in unlimited plan

I am quite worried about my data usage and I am afraid that I will be charged for that. Well the thing is that first I was using the 849 NU plan In which all the downloads after 10 o’clock at night would be free. I recently have changed my plan and now i have the 599 unlimited plan. Now the reason for my worry is that all the data usage that I am using for downloading movies and all are coming under the accounted volume. I have checked under the data usage section of my mtnl account and it was showing that data usage. Earlier when I had the 849NU plan at that time all the data after the 10 o’clock was not showing under the accounted volume. So if all this data is accounted to usage then I would be charged very heftily. However I have noticed that my plan has been changed and it clearly mentions that I am using the 599 unlimited plan but still I am worried. Your views on this.

Re: MTNL Broadband: Getting billed in unlimited plan

Well I hope they must not charge you for the data usage. One of my friends also had the same problem and he was charged very heftily by the mtnl people. So better beware of such things. However you have the proof that your plan is changed. Also better do confirm with the call center of mtnl whether they have changed the plan or not. As of now there is nothing to worry about the data usage. Just wait for the month end bill and you will have the exact idea. So I hope you are clear with all the confusions.

I think so there is nothing much to worry about the data usage that is being displayed in the data usage section. Well I want to say that in the unlimited plans all the data that you have downloaded and uploaded are displayed in the total data usage. So don’t get worried when you see that huge figure then will just display the amount of data that you are using they will not charge you for that. So you can carry on with the downloads. Since it is clearly mentioned in the account that you have changed the plan so there is nothing to worry about. I hope this suggestion has helped you.

If you ask me then I would advise you to take a screenshot of the particular account showing that the account has been changed to the unlimited plan. Once you have taken the screenshot better take a print out such that if they charge you with the hefty amount then you will have the proof to show that your plan was changed to the unlimited plan. Also do have a check that your data plan is updated properly in the account details. So no need to worry about the overcharging of the bill.