Thread: MTNL Triband - Frequent Disconnects Even Though ADSL Light Is Steady

MTNL Triband - Frequent Disconnects Even Though ADSL Light Is Steady

I need to share this with you all. Well my broadband connection is behaving quite strange this days. I think my internet connection gets disconnected frequently. The adsl light is on but the loading of the page takes long time and ultimately there is a time out error. Now I need to know why is this happening? I have a good dsl router which is around 2-3 years old my broadband plan is 512 kbps unlimited download. I am running windows 7 operating system. so what can be the issue here. Do you have any solutions for such type of problem. If you find any appropriate solution for me then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: MTNL Triband - Frequent Disconnects Even Though ADSL Light Is Steady

I would advise you to have a check with the router. Just go to the routers page and there you will get the exact information of the problem. Once you go there have a check with the snr margin, line attenuation and also the data rate. Check if the upstream and the downstream values are proper or not. If they are not proper then I am quite sure that the problem may have been due to the cable lines that you are using for your pace. There might be a possibility that the wires or the lines that you are using is giving some problems. Get that wires repaired from a good technician or someone from the mtnl department. So do try with this method and let me know whether this method worked for you or not.

I think the problem is due to the router. I would advice you to have a check doe with the router. There might be a possibility that the router has gone old and it is failing to deliver the performance. So an urgent replacement of the router is advisable. In case you don't want to go with this method then having an firmware update of the router is advisable. So have a look at this suggestions it might help you.

Well this can also be a traffic issue. This has been a common issue with all the unlimited plan users. The network that you used to get some time back is not the same network that you are getting now. There are many users who have switched to the unlimited plans and hence the traffic in the network have increased. So you will experience a sudden disconnection of the network, well the only solution is to restart the router and wait for the adsl light to start. It happens a quite a lot of time with me but unfortunately I have no options rather than to switch the router off and switch it on back. However in turn you can also try with the suggestions that are given above. Hope that might help you in the frequent disconnections. So do let me know if you have tried anything.