Thread: Automatic Router Restart Method on Windows 7 for BSNL Happy Hours Working

Automatic Router Restart Method on Windows 7 for BSNL Happy Hours Working

Hey friends I have been using the BSNL internet connection for quite some time and have thoroughly enjoyed using it. Recently I have updated my system with Windows 7 and I have come to know about BSNL providing the happy hours scheme that enables the users to get more speed and unlimited download to the users in the night as compared to another time of the day, I wanted to know is there anyways to restart the modem at 2:05 automatically to enjoy the BSNL Happy hours, without waking up at 2:00 AM, and then again restart it at 7:50. I would want to know about how to make this happen on the Windows7 operating system. So guys please give your opinions quickly.

Re: Automatic Router Restart Method on Windows 7 for BSNL Happy Hours Working

I think that you should ask the BSNL provider about this because the modem that they have provided to you will have different sort of mechanism that will allow you to restart the modem depending on the time that you will mention it. Since the providers will have each and every details of the modem and will even help you in getting the exact way so as to enable the modem to get it restart according to the time that you want it in the night. So to avoid any confusion I would recommend you to call and ask the BSNL customer care.

Hey you can try using the program automate modem that will help you in syncing the modem so as to get the modem get automatically restart whenever you want. You can easily download this software and will have to install this in your system and will have to redirect it to perform the automation program so as to restart the modem on the time that you will have to specified in the fields that you have mentioned. Although I haven’t tried this thing on Windows 7 but you should give it a try and see for yourself whether it helps to solve your problem.

Hey I would like to inform you that the BSNL will not recognize happy hour the modem that you are using is continuously ON. That is if you switch on the modem at say 12 midnight and then use the scheduler and shut down the server then you will not get the happy hour option. Also ,you will never get happy hour service if your modem is constantly on from the non happy hour if you do that the whole thing will still count as expenses for downloads and not happy hour downloads. For this I don’t think so that there is a way so as to automatically restart the modem, we will have to get it done manually.

Hey don’t worry guys I have got a solution for carrying out the automation process to automatically restart the modem whenever you want, you must follow this carefully.
    1 First of all Go to downloads, select Options and then go to the dial up tab.
    2 Then you will have to Check the windows dial up network field and Select connection, it will even prompt you to fill ID and Password and you will have to do as it has been asked.
    3 After doing the above you will have to go to scheduler, check start download at box and set it to time that you want to restart your modem.
    4 If you want it to happen every day the you will have to set the radio button to daily and check all the field.
    5 Also don’t forget to check the 'stop download at' box and set it to the time in the morning that you want to restart again.
    6 Finally, apply the setting when done.