Thread: Mobile Number Portability charges, cost and price

Mobile Number Portability charges, cost and price

I am currently using Vodafone mobile service on my cell phone. And I am fed up with the service of Vodafone because they never create my bill properly and every time I am getting some additional charges on my bill which should not be charged. That’s why I am making my mind for shifting my mobile number to some other service provider. So, can anyone tell me what are the charges of Mobile Number Portability. Need help and save me from Vodafone.

re: Mobile Number Portability charges, cost and price

MNP is valid inside the circle, and you cannot use it if you desire to shift to a different city outside the circle. For porting, a user has to send a SMS - PORT Mobile Number - through the number he wishes to be ported, to 1900. The user will be sent an exclusive porting code throughout SMS by his existing service provider and this has to be citation in the application form. Porting procedure is required to be finished within seven working days. There is a compulsory porting fee of Rs. 19, a few operators like Idea Cellular may believe waiving off the porting costs.

In particular, operators are required to:
    • maintain the same quality of calls to numbers not taken;
    • carry out the subsequent configurations due to portability in accordance with procedures similar to those used for the configuration of the first portable;
    • repair faults that occur on their network and system in relation to their responsibilities;
    • co-operate to ensure the highest level of quality services offered through the use of their infrastructure.

re: Mobile Number Portability charges, cost and price

There is a per port transaction charged for the Mobile Number Portability. There is a processing charge paid by recipient operator to Mobile Number Portability Service Provider Porting charge. The RCOM recommends that a succesful case of Hong Kong needs to be looked at where there is a porting charge of just HK$ 1.29 which is around Rs. 8 being levied. RCOM is also suggesting a porting charge of Rs. 20 as well.