Thread: Idea cellular mobile number portability

Idea cellular mobile number portability

I have heard that idea cellular is recently going to launch mobile number portability. Actually I don’t know what exactly mobile number portability means. I want to change my mobile number that’s why I am looking to gather some more information about the mobile number portability and what are there conditions. So, if someone has got any knowledge about it then please provide me some information about it. Thanks

Re: Idea cellular mobile number portability

What Idea Cellular mobile number portability really means that it lets you to transfer your existing mobile phone number from Idea Cellular to another mobile phone provider. So, if you want to change the mobile phone networks then you do not have to give everyone a new number. You will be able to keep your existing Idea Cellular mobile phone number. This type of process is called MNP or mobile number portability and it is very quick and easy to do.

Re: Idea cellular mobile number portability

Normally, the Idea Cellular mobile number portability will incur a charge of Rs. 19 only. This Mobile Number Portability in Indian will become available from the 1 January 2011. You can try to sign up the Idea Mailing List and you will receive immediate updates on the Idea Cellular MNP, which will be sent immediately to your email inbox. After 7 days or so, your mobile service will be changed to the one you have choosen.

You will first be required to know about the eligibility of Mobile Number Porting. So, first you need to call the Customer-care of the new Mobile operator you want to port to and then understand their pre-requisites, documents required and terms and conditions as well. You have to read these in their CAF (Customer Application Form) or you can also ask their executive. When you want to port out then you should fill the CAF and Porting Form and for that you will require a Unique Porting code.