Thread: EDVO usb modem through wine program

EDVO usb modem through wine program

I am using Linux with all packages installed and I also have the Intel processor. I have installed the driver for the modem. But the company told me that this kind of modem is not Linux capable and this router is also not support to the Wi-FI. When I try to connect it with my PC then I got the message that “No device found” on the connecting window. So I am not able to find what to do next. Can I need to search for that device? So can anyone please help me solve my problem?

Re: EDVO usb modem through wine program

To get through this problem you have to first activate the Broadband card first. To activate this you just have to call the customer care service OR have to just visit to the Customer Care Service Store. I am sure they will help you to solve your problem. This kind of activation is only able to work for the PCIM card and Cricket UM100c modem.

I think this problem is because of your modem installation problem. Easy method for installing is as follow if you are CD is not working then follows the following steps.
    • After installing it you just have to download the .deb file 32bit or 64bit & install it.
    • Now you have to just right click on the file and have to select properties.
    • After that you just click on the permission tab. Now you have to double click on it and have to run it. After you run you have to enter the password for it wait for few seconds. After that you mode is ready to use.
    I hope this simple information will help you to fix your problem.

Many of the people are facing this kind of issue on Linux PC. To solve your problem first you must see that you have disabled the other OR some additional network connection. This additional network is such as Eternet OR Airport. Because of this you cannot and device get disconnect after get connect. Before connecting to the EVDO USB port just have to disconnect the OR just disable the Airport. I hope you will follow these steps and may solve your problem.

To solve you issue just try following coding. I am sure this help you to fix your problem.
    Before that you just have to open terminal and type the following code:
    Code:
    Code:
    wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
    After that when the key is get installed add it to the repository. To this just type following code in the terminal :
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
    After toy have complete you download you just have to installed by just typing following code:
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    I think you can solve your problem after this. Thank You.