Thread: Need Mobile Handset for MTNL Garuda in Mumbai

Need Mobile Handset for MTNL Garuda in Mumbai

I have been using MTNL Garuda connection from more than 3 years. My mobile recently got broken and so I am thinking of to buy a new mobile handset. Which handset would be best for this connection? I live in Mumbai and I don't want to buy the mobile phone from MTNL. I have seen some handsets but most of them are too costly and I don't want to pay so much money for MTNL Garuda connection. So can you suggest me some mobile handset models for Garuda connection in Mumbai?

Re: Need Mobile Handset for MTNL Garuda in Mumbai

MTNL Garuda is based on a CDMA technology. So you can buy any mobile handset which has CDMA feature. If you do not require any high end mobile for this connection then you can get some of the basic models of Nokia which costs you not more than Rs. 4000. However, if you are thinking of some medium range phones then I would suggest you to go for Samsung models which has a price tag of not more than 6500.

You can even go for Fly phones. Fly handset supports dual technology which includes GSM+CDMA. It fits your budget and has almost all the features that a normal user wants in his mobile. Fly focuses on style with cutting edge shapes, materials and colors; latest technology with dual SIM technology, high resolution camera, multi-touch screen etc.

Yes I too agree that the mobile phones that MTNL provides are not at all of good quality. I have also used the mobile that they provided and was really fed up of it. I frequently faced low battery issue and sometimes connection failure or no network coverage with its handset. I then switched to Trump connection and now I am really happy with its connection. Trump provided me better plan with reduce call rates for national/international calls as well as local/std.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Micromax C2i would be the best model for you and the best part of it is that it is in your budget. It is a slim bar type basic CDMA model. Its features includes CDMA (of course), multi format music player, digital camera, stereo FM radio, expandable memory (upto 2 GB), and has a 1800 mAh battery allowing talk time of 10 hr and standby time of 30 days. It has the price tag of Rs. 2,300/- approximately.