Thread: 3G Internet charges

3G Internet charges

Hello folks, I have a Samsung Corby which is 3G enabled and since I am new to this mobile internet service so I would want to know which would be the best provider that will be offer me 3G service at an affordable rate. Since 3G is the latest of all the scheme I would want to stick to it from the very beginning so please can someone just suggest me with some plans by any operator.

Re: 3G Internet charges

3G is the latest services that offers high speed access to voice and data technology. It is considered the third generation of cellular telecommunications technology. It offers advancements on the 1G and 2G networks such as multimedia applications like video and broadband services. For time being only MTNL and BSNL is providing with this services, other operators are still yet to come up with the tariff plans, so you can either wait for them to come up with more variety in plans or can look into MTNL and BSNL websites for their tariffs plans.

Hello people, if you want to have a 3G service onto your mobile than first you have to purchase a new 3G sim card for RS 300 along with a 3G enabled mobile phone. Also good news is that 3G is available both on Prepaid and Postpaid.

As far as basic plan goes this can give you an idea about the tariffs of BSNL network.

Plan Price in Rs. (Service Tax Extra) 250 400 650 1000 3001

Free data usage in GB 0.30 1.00 2.00 5.00 UL

Validity (Days)* 30 30 30 30 30

Data Charges in Rs./MB** 2.00 2.00 2.00 2.00
    Last edited by newtech; 06-11-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hey according to me BSNL and MTNL is not providing good quality services to its users also they are very costly and doesn’t have any variety in their plans. But good news is that TATA DOCOMO is implementing 3G services and sill be providing 3G to its customers later this month. As for now TAAT DOCOMO is planning to launch 3G is only some states but if it gets a good feedback from its customers it will surely be providing the services across whole of India. Also if you are already using TATA DOCOMO service than don’t worry , the sim card which you are using right now is already equipped with 3G, so just have to call the customer care and ask him to activated the 3G on your sim. However the rates and tariffs is still not decided yet.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

According to me Airtel would be the best option to choose as far as 3G service goes. Airtel is in the best position as they have licenses to provide 3G in 13 circles. Also, other company like Vodafone and Idea are looking for collaborating with each other in order to launch this services. Although the tariffs plans are still not out yet but I guess that it will possible that the rates to be high at the initial stage and its unlikely that they might have a unlimited plan. So its better to wait for some time and check the performance and the variety in the packages available and then choose accordingly.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter