Thread: Problems in activating the Mozilla firefox in Ubuntu 10.04 through Hathway

Problems in activating the Mozilla firefox in Ubuntu 10.04 through Hathway

Hi i am having the hathway internet connection at my home and it is working fine, It was working fine with IE as well as the Mozilla Firefox in the Windows 7 operating system. But the thing here is that as i change the ope\rating system of mine to Ubuntu 10.04 then it is giving me problems. I am not able to establish connection and here in this case my IE and Firefox both are not working. In fact when i tried to open a web page in the firefox of IE it gave me an error message saying that "Page can not be displayed" . I am not able to understand why it showing me this error even though my modem is showing me all the lights on that is if "Power" "send" "receive" "Connection". Please help me in this case i am worried a lot since the major part of my work is done on Ubuntu 10.04. So is there is any solution that will make to work with the both.

Re: Problems in activating the Mozilla firefox in Ubuntu 10.04 through Hathway

According to me there is nothing wrong with the internet connection that you are using because if it is working with the windows 7 the it will definitely work with the Ubuntu 10.04. You don't worry there is nothing wrong with the system as well as the Internet connection it just that the browser that you are using is causing you the problem, You said that you are using the Firefox as well as the IE so what i guess here is there may be the case that the mozilla that you are using is not properly installed. So try an d use any other browser that will let you know where the actual problem lies.

It seems to me that there is some thing wrong with the connection of yours. So what you try and do is just perform a connection test that will tell you that whether there is any thing wrong in the connection an d also check the cables that you have connected to the system whether they are fine or not. If possible then try and do the Ping test, here the ping test will tell whether the network connection is available or not. But the ping in Ubuntu is quite different than windows you have to just type the following command in the command prompt: "Post netstat -rn". I hope that doing this will give you a clear idea that where the problem actually lies.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days back and i fix it by following the below steps. I was also using the Ubuntu 10.04 and did this steps to get rid of it and i hope that the same thing will help you also.
    • First of all go to System and select administration.
    • After that in administration select networking.
    • Once you will select the networking then the network settings window will open.
    • In that you will see four tabs out of that you have to select connection.
    • After selecting connection you will get two options 1) Wired connection and 2) Modem connection.
    • Then you have to select the check box of the wired connection.
    • Then enter the properties of wired connection.
    • After that just set the configuration as the automatic configuration.
    • And then click on the OK button.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the problem lies in the browser that you are using. So in this case it might happen that the Firefox may have got corrupted and not responding to the tasks. Here I will suggest you to just uninstall the Mozilla Firefox and then again install the latest and updated version of the Mozilla Firefox. I hope that it will fix your problem if not then do just one thing check out that the network connection drivers are present or not and if they are absent than just install the appropriate drivers.