Thread: Rel NetConnect Broadband: USB modem to Beetal 450BX1 Router

Rel NetConnect Broadband: USB modem to Beetal 450BX1 Router

I am having ZTE reliance net-connect Broadband and USB modem to access internet. Is this is possible to connect my Beetel 450BX1 ADSL2 router on same system so that I can turn it into WIFI hotspot? I search about this on Reliance and Airtel site and both of this denied this thing and BSNL is pushing me to get their own wifi router and also pushing me to retake their DSL connection. I try to get about this on Internet but did not found anything except on port forwarding which I did not understood. Please help me to get rid of this issue . Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated thank you in advance for your Reply.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Re: Rel NetConnect Broadband: USB modem to Beetal 450BX1 Router

as per my knowledge Reliance net connect USB modem would connect you only to the Reliance network only and you will be unable to use any other laptop or computer in wifi mode. Generally two wifi routers will not communicate in wifi mode unless model is WDM enabled. In order to use cell phone in wifi mode with Internet which generally accepts USB modems. ADSL broadband connection can be connected to your 450BXI and any number of laptop or computer within the range can be connected in wifi mode. A laptop running windows 7 and having installed an application such as connectify would work as a wifi access point. Hope this will provide info to solve your issue.

I would suggest you to get 3G-6200n to solve your problem of wifi hotspot.This is a multifunction Broadband router. Using this router when connecting in either a 3G or USB modem card to 3G-6200n all other where wired or wireless user can share 3G internet connection. This can support speeds up to 7.2Mbps and have built in Ethernet Wan port for cable modem or XDSL modem. This can alos function as a print server, when you are connecting with a USB server the device can be a print server allowing the network to share printer. It provides USB 2.0 port for CDMA/UMTS mobile Internet service. It supports wep,DDNS,Anti-DOS Firewall, URL Blocking, Virtual server and DMZ(de-militarized zone).

D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem with wireless router DSL-2640B combines the function of High speed DSL modem, Wireless 3G access point and Ethernet router. It supports the latest ADSL2/2 to provide great performance up to 24Mbps. a DSL Internet connection unlike dial-up connection can always on so that you do not need to wait to get connected to Internet.And setting up DSL-2640 is simple as this will automatically detects your DSL setting to quickly establish a connection so that you can have access to Internet.It also supports TR-069 which automatically updates the firmware and also the settings when they are available from your ISP.

Beetal 450BX1 Router mode configuration:
    1] Enter 192.168.1.1 in the Internet explorer and clicl ehter.This will open the login page provide the login Id and password. Enter admin as a default password and user Id.
    2]Select advanced setup from next page and Choose Add,Edit or Remove to configure Wan interfaces.
    Make sure that VPI=0 and VCI+35
    3] Click next
    4]select ppp over Ethernet(pppoe)
    5] click on next button below
    6] Enter your user name and password to establish your connection.
    7] Click on next button to proceed next screen
    8]This will open Network addrss Translation settings keep this as default settings and click on next button.
    9]Click on SAVE button to proceed further
    10] Now click on save/reboot for saving the changes

Settings for WA3002-G4 vademe .Open 192.168.1.1/main.html and enter the default user and password as admin. Now Select Advanced Options next Select WAN settings. See whether " bridged" or PPPoE box is checked.If you are using a Dial up connection then select " Bridged" and select Save /reboot.If not using dialer then PPPoE button selected. Click on next and make VPI &VCI 0 and 35 respectively. Enter your Bsnl userId (without @) and BSNL password. Select button Save /reboot and wait for 2 minutes. If still you are having problem then start/ run and type cmd and press enter.
    type ipconfig /all and copy/paste data here without edit.

Hello,

I followed your instructions, but my Reliance Broadband Netconnect+ USB modem's internet is still not directed toward the Beetel 450BX1 modem. I am attaching the ipconfig and router homepage pictures for you to see the problem. Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
    R

Quote Originally Posted by ApplePowerPC View Post
    Beetal 450BX1 Router mode configuration:
    1] Enter 192.168.1.1 in the Internet explorer and clicl ehter.This will open the login page provide the login Id and password. Enter admin as a default password and user Id.
    2]Select advanced setup from next page and Choose Add,Edit or Remove to configure Wan interfaces.
    Make sure that VPI=0 and VCI+35
    3] Click next
    4]select ppp over Ethernet(pppoe)
    5] click on next button below
    6] Enter your user name and password to establish your connection.
    7] Click on next button to proceed next screen
    8]This will open Network addrss Translation settings keep this as default settings and click on next button.
    9]Click on SAVE button to proceed further
    10] Now click on save/reboot for saving the changes
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I try to connect to my router through my phone using WLAN, and then surf the net using my phone, the pages are loaded through GPRS, and not WiFi.

- R
    Last edited by mehta_r; 01-02-2011 at 02:15 PM.

It might be possible that you are properly configured the router with the phone. Make sure that router and mobile both are having the same setting. Also it is better to check for Firewall setting of your Router and if possible try connecting your mobile by turning Firewall protection Off. So if you can then try this out and let me know whether this is working for you or not.

Hi Lankesh,

The firewall is off on the Beetel modem. The phone is recognising the WiFi modem and connecting to it. But when I try to load a website, the "E" logo for GPRS immediately comes on. I tried surfing on the phone through WiFi at a friend's place, and the pages loaded very quickly, without GPRS turning on.

- R