Thread: Tata Photon Plus with headphone

Tata Photon Plus with headphone

I have a laptop and the thing is that I have decided for the Tata Photon Plus. I searched a lot for the USB modems on the Google and then I decided on this. First the thing was that I had decided to go with the Reliance Net Connect or with the Idea Net Setter, but however I omitted those as I had read that there are some issues with the connection in Reliance and the speed of the Idea Net Setter goes on decreasing after few days. Well I had only these three choices for me. Now I have bought the Tata Photon Plus and the good thing about this is that when I took that I got a headphone along. Now my question is what is the HEADPHONE for? I have seen that the modem consists of a headphone jack. Now I do not know what is to be done with the headphone and the jack. Can you all please tell me how I can use the headphone with the USB modem?

Re: Tata Photon Plus with headphone

Well I have not seen anything like that before. Well I am not sure about this thing. I thing I just need have a good look at that. Well I am searching for that thing on the Internet and if I will find anything in this respect than I will post the content as soon as possible. Well in the mean time, I want to do one thing, I am sure that when you purchased the modem along with that they must have provided the manual, please see if that manual contains anything regarding that. I am sure if that is something added in the modem then it must have appeared in there. Well just to conclude, are you well and sure enough that it is the headphone jack, and nothing else. See and let us know.

I have seen lots of data card with this thing called headphone jack. It is built in them and hence I thing that they must have tried to bring the very same thing in the modem as well. Well it is very nice of them if they are doing that. I just wanted to tell that I have also not received any updates related to this feature and as Marcya said I am also of the opinion that a good look on the same is required. I have already seen the older manual of the Tata Photon Plus and I have not seen anything in this respect. Well it will be nice of you if you can post the manual of the modem that you are having at this moment. Well let us see if we can get something from there. Happy to help Always.

I am not 100 percent sure but if they have provided the headphone jack with the modem then I m sure that the thing is for making the voice calls using the computer. I think that you need to install the driver for the same to come in effect. Install the drivers from the same and see if the headphone is working. The software will not only allow you to use the device for sms messaging from computer but also will help you in making calls. Nice thing that they have provided the headphone for free. Just try the drivers and let me know if that made the difference in your case.

In complete agreement with what Suprakash has mentioned. Also it is nice that they are providing the headphone along with the modem. I have not seen any other EVDO (Evolution-Data Optimized or Evolution-Data only) provider doing the same. In addition I just wanted to know if they are doing that for free or have you activated any plan that includes any voice call or sms messaging plan? Just have look on that or else you will be loaded with a bundle of heavy bill from the Tata Company. Try to have some ideas from the previous users of the same and see what they are saying. You can also check for your plan online by visiting the official website of the Tata Photon Plus.

It will be really nice if you can just call the customer care and see what they are telling regarding this. Well the case with the Customer Care is worse they will hook you up for the first time and might give you the solution in the third or even in the fourth try. Well I am saying this as I have already been through this, but the thing is that when they come up with the solution the thing is exact and precised.

I have also not heard a word regarding the headphone jack in the USB modem. Well I think that you are really mistaking it for something else. To clarify that I think that it will be nice if you can go to the Customer Service and ask what the jack is for. Also before going to them I think that it will be wise to go through the manual once and see if that jack is for something else. Can you please post an attachment that may include the pictures of the modem showing the headphone jack and the headphone? Well I think if not then we can conclude something from the pictures.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Well I think that I have got the solution and the thing is that the jack is not for the headphone. I just contacted my friend who is working in the tech support department of the Tata Photon and I have verified it from there. The jack is for an external antenna. He said me that it has been clearly written in the manual and the only need to get clear is that read it once. Well guys you all were correct, aneeqa was mistaking it for something else.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600