Thread: Which DNS server is better?

Which DNS server is better?

I am having the MAC book for me. Now I have taken the internet connection for me. Now the problem is that I am facing some issue while opening some of the sites. I went on the internet to search for this thing. There on the internet I found something that said that I need to make some changes in the DNS server settings. I have however got two options, viz. first 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 second 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 with which should I go?

Re: Which DNS server is better?

I do not know if you are aware of this but the 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 is the one that is called as Open DNS and the 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 is the one for the Google DNS. Open DNS defends you from malware websites and in addition to that it also allows you to obstruct sites based on classes. On the other hand Google DNS put forwards no security. I think that it will be better if you go with the Open DNS, because it is wise to have some protection instead of speed.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I totally agree to what you have just mentioned tech guruji. I even think that the security cones at the first position on the scale. It is really wise to go with the Open DNS if the system is based on the Windows, but in your case Ajabu I think that Google DNS will rather work. I am telling this because you are having the MAC and so you can take chance with that. I am sure that this can help you. Go for the Google DNS.

OpenDNS was the acknowledged as a solution to slow DNS earlier. The Level 3 DNS server (4.2.2.2) was over and over again better, lack of dedication from Level 3 to keep it presented made preferring that alternative complicated. In addition to all this there have also been rumours of Level 3, closing down the service. All have changed with the entrance of Google DNS. My thumbs up goes for the Google DNS.

According to my research I have seen that Google DNS is preferred in the most popular seventeen countries and Open DNS is working fine in the six countries and in the other nine countries there is a tie. To name some of the countries that prefer Google DNS are Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands. I think that Google DNS is the perfect winner.

In my opinion I think that you have many alternate options that that you can feed in the DNS server. If you wish you can just get both the settings for your connection. I will be happy with that if you at all can see that working. Please post if you find this helpful. I am also sue that you will not have any problem at all if you will that, as I have also tried this before.