Thread: BSNL BROADBAND Modem keeps restarting every now and then

BSNL BROADBAND Modem keeps restarting every now and then

I think that the BSNL is simply the thing on which we cannot rely on. I am saying this because I have seen lots of issues with the internet connections of it, and at the same I have come up with some more other type of issue. This issue is related to the modem or the router that has been given to me from the BSNL side. I do not know what the problem with this is but it keeps on restarting again and again. I am unable to find the way for it. Can you all please suggest me something for this?

Re: BSNL BROADBAND Modem keeps restarting every now and then

I think that you will have to see for the BSNL itself. They are the best one in this case in my opinion that will help you with this. If at all the modem was given to you from the BSNL then they will probably take care for that. Ask them for the replacement and if there will be no external damage then I am sure that they will get it replaced. Hope that they will replace the modem soon and the problem will be rectified.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I am in the total agreement with what techman has mentioned. The service that the BSNL provides is the worst and also all the devices that they give work for some time and then they start to fail. Please just do not wait for their arrival; if you want to get the problem solved then I think that you will have to go to their office with the modem and then ask for the replacement. I think that this will be the proper way of dealing with the problem.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

It may happen that the setting of the modem may have altered because of some virus issues. I have seen some of the cases that have come up with this problem and have get it rectified with formatting there PC and then making the settings of the modem again. Try this and please while doing that goes for the clean installation. I am sure that this will help you as it has already helped a lot of them.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Aleeza I think that you will have to see for the power chord of that is connected to the modem of yours. I am sure that there is some problem with that thing. It may be because of the loose connection or the problem with the adapter. I may suggest you to use the other adapter and see if that can make the change. I am telling you this because getting the modem replaced from the BSNL is really like making something impossible possible.

I am not sure if you are aware of your modem fully. There is a reset button at the back panel of the modem. I would make a recommendation of pressing that button. It will put your modem back to the default setting or it will clear the existing setting of the modem. Then you will be able configure it again and after that you can give that a try. I think that this will really help you with the modem. Hope that this simple reset will help you.

I was having the similar issue with the modem and I first tried the reset of the modem and then the modem started to work properly for some day. After some days it started to come up with the same issue. I finally went for the replacement and I think that this is really the best option that you all should go for. Now the modem is really working fine. Well they took time but now it has really paid off. Go with it guys. Replacement really works.