Thread: BSNL Broadband Max Speed reduced from 220kBps to 180kBps

BSNL Broadband Max Speed reduced from 220kBps to 180kBps

I have a lot of faith with the BSNL. I am using the broad band from them for the past 6 months. At first I got the 250 plan from them and the speed that they gave was pretty nice, and they gave what they promised for. Then recently I changed my plan from the 250 to 500 combo and the speed that they promised was 220kBps. Well for the first month it went well, but now it is not giving me that speed. Can you please tell me what I should do to get the speed back? It has dropped to 180kBps. Please suggest. Thanks.

Re: BSNL Broadband Max Speed reduced from 220kBps to 180kBps

Well if BSNL is not giving the speed that they are promising then I think you should ask there tech supports help. They will be the best one to get you out of this. Well please tell me how did you come to know that the download speed of the broadband has reduced? I would suggest you to check the speed at the SPEEDTEST.NET, and then please post the entire result that you receive from there. We will definitely try to get some help for you. Thanks.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Before posting this thread I think you should have searched for your problem here. We have already had a healthy discussion on this topic. If you want you can search for that in this forum or else I can give you the direct link to that thread. Here is the link: How to increase BSNL Broadband Speed?. I hope that you will find this thread something useful for your business. Well I totally agree with what techman has said and you should definitely talk about this with the BSNL directly.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thanks a lot for all these replies. I had already talked with the tech support of BSNL and they say that there is some work going on and because of which this error has occurred. Sometimes they give some settings and say that now I will have the speed back again but that even does not work, and next time when I try to contact them that do not pick the phone. I do not want anything from them expect for the speed. Well I discovered this when I was downloading a movie from the torrentz.

I am not sure but I do think that there is no problem with the speed from the BSNL broadband. I think that it can be because of the Torrentz seeds. It may happen that because of the poor seeds you are getting this problem. Try downloading some other stuff from the Torrentz that will be having some good numbers on seeds. Also if that does not help then try updating the U torrent that you are using.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

ME-Mysha I do not think that this will bring smile to you but sometimes BSNL requires to reduce the speed. This is obviously done in order to save Bandwidth. Please in your area see if anyone else is able to get the speed that BSNL had promised for. I think that this will remain in your area, if it is, for at least 7 days and max to max it can be for 1 month. I think you will have to pay visit to the BSNL office and have a talk with the officials directly.

I can suggest you only one thing at this moment. You can try to format the system then again install the operating system and then reset the router (modem) setting and configure them. After that you can try to install a nice antivirus and then update the antivirus. Once this is happen then you can see for the internet speed. Well I am not confident but after that you can try TCPOptimizer. It is a software that can be utilized to boost the speed.