Thread: Walky-10 Postpaid to Prepaid conversion

Walky-10 Postpaid to Prepaid conversion

I am having TATA Walky 10 Postpaid connection at my home and I would like to switch this connection to Prepaid. The reason for switching to prepaid connection is that postpaid connection has become too costly for me. According to the plan, it costs me Rs. 180 as monthly rental and the charges for local calls is 1 rupee per minute. Now the problem is that I discussed this with TATA services but they said that's not possible. I checked the same with the customer care who said it can be done but at the cost of 1000 bugs. Now my questions here is why do I have to pay 1000 bugs for just connection migration; although I am not withdrawing anything from them? Should I discontinue the service?

Re: Walky-10 Postpaid to Prepaid conversion

I think the facility of shifting to a new plan is not provided in TATA Walky 10 and this is the reason why you have received two different suggestion at two different places. The plan which you have taken is feeded into the instrument and so you have to pay Rs. 1000 to request for the new instrument having that plan in-built.

Ok but why did the officer had no solution to the issue. I was also surprised with what was told by customer care. I don't understand if I have to convert my connection from postpaid to prepaid then according to their rules I have to purchase a new device; whereas if change from prepaid to postpaid I don't have to do anything. Strange!

This is the reason why I always recommend people to take a new connection if they are going to change their plan on TATA Walky. The procedure for getting a new connection is very simple: visit any Tata Indicom outlet/retailer, choose a Phone number of your choice, pay the Activation charge, fills the CAF and submit the required documents. The phone is activated and you can collect your Tata Walky 10 with the new plan.

Indeed that will be the last option left to me but I want to know if there is any other solution to this. I don't want to reconsult with the Nodal officer and not even with the customer care. Isn't there any other who can help me? I am also not ready to pay for that silly reason. I would wait for people to reply providing solution.

I have also performed a conversion from Postpaid to Prepaid and I was not given a new device for the same. The 1000 rupees that you are asked for is not for the new device but its the migration fee since you are changing the plan. Asking for the migration fee is nominal according to the company's policy. I have consulted with others also for the same before taking any steps.