Thread: Very low Speed : Micromax EVDO : Bangalore:Koramnagala- (200-300 kbps max)

zeonzing Guest

Very low Speed : Micromax EVDO : Bangalore:Koramnagala- (200-300 kbps max)

Hi guys

I am living in bangalore , at Koromangala 1st block ( i checked this place is listed in towers that bsnl have in bagalore for evdo) but inspite of that i an getting very low speeds.

I have Micromax cdma2000 hsia device , my tarrif is 750 unlimited evdo ,
    claiming speed max up to 3.1 mbps.

Now , since i was very pissed with the device initially so i have taken the device to koromangala extension bsnl office (i want to check what speed i'll get there ) and when the bsnl person connected my device to her system ,
    on speedtest.net speeds were 1.2-1.5 mbps(only thing that made me stop about thinking of returning the device)

Now, since BTS towers is capable of transmitting signals over the range of 5-8 kms from where it is located , but still i am getting speed max upto 200-300 kbps.

My current location: Venkatapura
    Koramangala 1st Block
    Bangalore

Bsnl Evdo tower: Koramangala is listed there

So guys what are optimum solution for this scenario?

i looked into it so i found , i

-need signal amplifier by connecting micromax device through usb extension cable , but i do not think it will work in my case as i have taken my device to rooftop also with no walls barrier but still no luck
    -some software n paches r there but i didn't found them that reliable
    to configure the device

Now please suggest some alternative methods so that i can utilize the evdo speeds (for what evdo is known for) from my current location

Thanks in advance

Re: Very low Speed : Micromax EVDO : Bangalore:Koramnagala- (200-300 kbps max)

First of all can you please tell us what is your computer specifications? Have you tried upgrading the firmware/driver can result in considerable speed improvements even if there is no proper coverage. You can try to take your device to some other BSNL tower, ( where someone can connect in HSIA / EVDO mode ). If it works in the same manner then the device is defective.

zeonzing Guest

Re: Very low Speed : Micromax EVDO : Bangalore:Koramnagala- (200-300 kbps max)

Quote Originally Posted by agarwalm11 View Post
    First of all can you please tell us what is your computer specifications? Have you tried upgrading the firmware/driver can result in considerable speed improvements even if there is no proper coverage. You can try to take your device to some other BSNL tower, ( where someone can connect in HSIA / EVDO mode ). If it works in the same manner then the device is defective.
    windows 7
    i5 520m
    4 gb ram

and how does the driver update is going to increase the coverage ?(though tried driver update)

and the device is not defective coz i have checked myself the speeds when it's near the tower(as stated earlier) , the only thing is that maybe i am just at the border line of high speed range of evdo or maybe not so that's why i am thinking that if someone can suggest the solution in terms of amplification
    , something like range and signal amplifier device which i can connect to this device