Thread: Submit Address Proof And Id Proof Again?

Submit Address Proof And Id Proof Again?

Surprisingly I have received a SMS from Reliance which is about submitting Address Proof And Id Proof, I am surprised with it because I have already submitted my documents about four years ago and I am using this connection without any problem. Is there anyone else who has received similar like this which is asking for submit address proof and Id Proof Again?

Re: Submit Address Proof And Id Proof Again?

You are not the only one who has received this message from Reliance about submitting address proof and also the Id proof again. Like you I was also surprise to see this and then I have send an email to their technical department and then the only thing I received is the notification that is also asking for address proof and ID proof. Hence there is no way but to submit the documents.

Not only Reliance is asking for the document but the other companies like Vodafone is also asking for the document from their customer. I mean the Address Proof and Id Proof. The Vodafone number is only two year old and again they are asking for the same thing. Currently I am not having any idea related to this.

Well if you are having prepaid plan then all the companies will surely ask for your Address Proof and Id Proof. Actually they are not doing this for fun but because of Government. Now the Government has strictly decided to follow the KYC (Know your customer) norms for the companies. There is no need to worry about it just submit the Address Proof and Id Proof.

I am not having any idea about this KYC norm, if that is the case then each and every prepaid customer must get this message, but that is not the case. According to some of the document or the application form may be missing while handling millions of application form. Hence if they are not having your documents in a good condition then only they are sending SMS for submitting address proof and Id proof.

I think that the above reply is correct because my Dad also received the same message from Reliance. My Dad is using this number from the last six years and the thing is that he have changed the plan from postpaid to prepaid. Whatever may be the reason if company is asking for documents then we have to submit it at any cost.

I think that the companies do not want to dig out their database for the documents and then the other source left is to ask this thing from users and users have provide this information. The other reason can be; is to verify that the user of that number is not changed and if so then they have to update their information. But in any case what is the problem in submitting the documents.