Thread: Need Help With Gprs Settings For Apple Iphone 3Gs

Need Help With Gprs Settings For Apple Iphone 3Gs

Could someone please help me with the GPRS configuration for Apple iphone 3gs?Previously the basic configuration with the rcomnet used to work, but it got restricted working at some point . I have tried to contact with the Reliance customer care center but that was not so helpful at all , they told that they don't have any information regarding this configuration for the iphone 3gs.

Re: Need Help With Gprs Settings For Apple Iphone 3Gs

I am running with the unusual issue with my iPhone 3G. My iPhone is unable to get an EDGE or GPRS signal. I can only find the 3G signal - that, in my location, with my provider, is so rare. This indicates that I have no other Services 99% of the time.

I have tried to restore the firmware, updating, reinserting and replacing SIMs with new one- even SIMs from several providers. I have checked my iPhone's SIM to insert those with other phone; it works fine. OIn case, if I configure any previous phone configuration (for example , moving the 3G switch to OFF in the Settings menu), I lost the service altogether, and my signal states that searching - at least until I found the city center. Only there do I actually found the 3G signal - but come to that point once , if I configure an settings, I lose the signal and only found as message that searching . Disabling 3G indicates No Service.

rcomwap apn not going fine on iPhone as iPhone is not compatible with the proxy configuration that is needed for rcomwap apn to perform in well manner. I can go for the GPRS on rcomnet apn but its chargeable additionally..

So any fix if available regarding this found or to be found. sorry if it is duplicating any post with previous , I have tried to find the feasible solution for this on different forum but unable to find the proper result for this .

Please help guys ...

Guys ! Please suggest me something ...I am waiting for the replies from you all. I have tried with the possible software option through which I can think of, but nothing seems as feasible for this task. This is most likely a hardware related problem ; my question is, what could the issue be and the procedure to resolve the issue ? I still running three months left on my contract with the provider and I am unable to afford a new one phone. Do you have any idea and method through which I can repair the iPhone now or if possible then I can replace this for very minimum cost ?

You need to first go for the official help if they are not feasible and seems unhelpful then you can for another alternative and I am sure that would be the best one way to find the actual solution for this. Have you contacted to your provider to be sure about your preferred account and just make sure that it has been configured in proper way. They may have disabled slower data access on your account for some causes .

I have same issue since starting of April. ATT is at a loss as to why I only access the service within the 3g areas, there is no edge and no roaming at all . Took phone within the Apple store and they told that the phone was functioning , of course it moved fine and it was 3g.

Have been just thinking that if it is a hardware related issue . The problem seems to be so prevalent within the SE US. The phone once , it lost the connectivity with the 3g service just starts to fidn out and it will not skip that mode until performing a hard reset is accomplished . Have done all of thing recommended by ATT / Apple .. changed the SIM, Updated firmware,moved to 4.01, known as ATT, Network reset, reloading of entire data, still running with the issues.