Thread: CDMA vs GPRS

CDMA vs GPRS

Hello,
    I have a question, whether to jump from GPRS to CDMA, but it really confusing, already tried all the Carrier. Now look in the direction SkyLink and pipe found at a ridiculous price, so is it worth to change the flea? Which one do you think is more useful and why? Can more discussion on this topic will appreciated me. Thank you.

Re: CDMA vs GPRS

Works well with the satellite, but not from the tube. I recommend to buy a modem at once, and preferably a modem with a lan interface. In this form, no problems at all, maybe, with yusb versions have problems in drivers, and not to predict, different modems (and phones) with different companies (iron, WINDOWS version) work very differently. A modem with a lan interface has its OSes, and the problem is removed by itself. Those who choose a regular modem, I advise you not to chase compact version of the last series, where the antenna has a more modest performance, but the old modems (eg Any DATA 100) work in comparison take off better in the sense of better reception. Also, for all the modems, there is the problem of cooling, especially in hot weather, or in a warm room. Therefore, no need to put it on the battery, or hung on the window under the sunshine. When I pulled overheating modems, and set the cooler 40 mm (for sale, 190 rubles in computer products). In general, with GPRS can not be compared. However, one must understand that the channel Skylink, and a modem speed of sending data in the direction of the satellite will be no more than 153 kb.

My queries

1st Is GPRS to 3G or 3G is just a synonym for UMTS?
    2nd Can we leave the following way?

1st CSD circuit switched - slowly
    2nd Packet-switched GPRS - fast
    3rd UMTS - packet-switched, even faster

So in the end from the user's perspective the only difference between UMTS and GPRS transmission speed (analog: ISDN vs. DSL)??

GPRS is a packet-switched service for GSM mobile phones. It is among 2G (second generation mobile telephony) 3G means it is the third Generation of mobile communications. UMTS is a way to do this. Line-based CSD, yes, slowly, no. It can be bundled multiple channels. Maximum speed is currently: 53.6 kbit / sec. GPRS packet-based: The speed is similar to IP. UMTS: the Europe variant used in the IMT-2000. W-CDMA technology. Faster than GPRS and GSM? Probably. Since it is the user really care which technology is applied to the air interface, it should take your statement is quite accurate.

GPRS is actually 2.5 g, as was envisaged in the original 2G no packet switching. In UMTS there are only Packet-switched connections to the 3G MSC. From there you come then the (voice PSTN) or more Packet permitted (wap web, etc.)

I was on the road, I want my laptop to the Internet. There are apparently two options: China Mobile has a GPRS SIM and China Unicom, one CDMA SIM. Then each one needs a suitable PC card via the PCMCIA slot is plugged into the laptop. SIM is in this map. Apart from the slightly different fees interest me one thing: SPEED! CDMA is supposedly up to 170KBps. In Unicom load the day in Shenzhen created the connection, but wimpy 13 KBps. (Comparison: Analog 56K Modem creates at least 40K with Home Line) ie a total joke. The Unicom said salable GPRS creates a maximum 40K. My question to the forum: Who has experience in somewhere with one of the two networks in the operational data China?

I bought a small USB CDMA modem. Although I was happy with the surf on the open meadow, but I found it uncomfortable, which made the connection icon only 28800bps. The mcafee page was not measured. I thought, well, the measure is even too slow. Not true. The new Java SDK comes with 50MB of 8.9 KB just the second. Is not compare approximately with broadband, but as a field, forest and meadow solution is anything but bad.