Thread: Videocon D2h remote control and the Set top box does not respond

Videocon D2h remote control and the Set top box does not respond

I am trying to build up a small media center at my home. I am using my old computer here. What happened here is for that I had applied for Videocon D2h service. I got one and now I want to add this on my media center pc. I am right now using a media center software which is a trial version but just for some time. Now in when I connect all the remote control does not respond. After sometime the set top box has stopped working. When I press the button nothing comes. For the media center which tool is better.

Re: Videocon D2h remote control and the Set top box does not respond

Simply unplug the set top box and then put back again. It can be some basic setup issue where the box is not getting power and on the same you are not getting signal on the TV set. If still nothing works then call the company. Because there is no much troubleshooting option provided for the set top box. Better call the company and change the batteries of the remote.

I am also making my own media center pc. I had got all the codecs reading dvd and divx. The DVD support is playing music with all codecs like MPC, AAC, MP4, OGG, etc. So there is no issue for the video and audio here. I have a Pinnacle TV card and a SB ZS audigy2 on a system powerful enough and I want to order everything with a command. I am looking for full customizable support.

I am using Microsoft Media Center. It is special version of its operating system and on the same hand Apple offers an Apple TV and there are other more tools available. But before that you must ensure that your system is working fine. First make your set top box work. Check the connection and power outlet and it must work fine. If not then you cannot test your media center system.

Media Center is a small system which is capable of managing multimedia files and you can connect to a stereo, television, etc. So for that the TV must be functioning well. Or else there is no use of making this setup. You must first check the power source. This is the most common fault for the dish cable network that works mostly. If that is fine then your box is dead simply replace it.

Check the satellite card in the box. The card is responsible for authenticating your signal. So if that is if improperly inserted or not working fine or broken then you might not get proper output on your TV set. Other than this you can a very good Media Center software for some amount. And there are some ISP which are interested in providing you the same service. That comes with a set top box which allows you to distribute your TV signal received via ADSL.

Start by connecting the Set-Top Box to the DSL box and TV using an HDMI cable. Then comes the stereo part. In my case I chose to connect the chain to the TV rather at the media center directly. Now with a simple remote control which acts to drive the television over ADSL you can access the Media Center menu. From this menu you will be able to retrieve content from multimedia source.