Thread: Videocon D2h Blank Screen

Videocon D2h Blank Screen

I know that this is a common issue but now the same problem has occurred in my TV for long time. I have a Videocon D2h connection at my home. I am using a LCD TV which is a new one. I just purchased this some 2 months before. It was working fine but suddenly there is a blank screen on the TV. But on the same I can view pictures from my DVD. I think the issue lies with the D2h service.

Re: Videocon D2h Blank Screen

The most easy way to figure out the issue in that is checking the connection to the Set top box. You can see on the backside that some wires are going from the backside to the box. Remove them and put back. It is also possible that the same get removed accidentally. You have to check the wires first. If that works fine then just ensure that your D2h service is activated. You can check the same in your neighbors house.

Just check that your TV is working fine. There can be a loose connection issue. You can call the cable provider for the issue. Your service is deactivated or there is some issue with the companies broadcast. It is better if you call them first and sort the issue out. On your end you can just ensure the cable support and check the tv settings that whether it is working fine or not.

The setup box act as a the receiver. The receiver is used to demodulate the signal that means to reconstruct the image from the signal. It also allows you to select the frequency of the audio sub-carrier. The same is attached to your TV. Depending on the mode of transmission of the channels it is on your wish to receive the channels, so it is necessary that your setup must have a right type of decoder. The problem can be in your set top box.

You might have noticed that on the set top box there is a standard mentioned like HD or MPEG-2. It is a standard that describes the digital encoding using 0 and 1 of a sequence of moving images. So first of all you must check out that your TV supports that standard or not. But you had mentioned that the TV is new so there is no doubt that it supports. Have you added any additional device to your TV like a TV tuner support. If yes then just remove that and check.

The TV is a set of transmitters and re-transmitters that send waves that are sensed by antennas. The range of UHF waves is limited to a few tens of kilometers, 100 at most. So here if your set top box is not getting proper signal then you might face this issue. You can do nothing here. You will need to call the cable company and ask for a proper support. It is the best way.

Check in your TV setting that you might not have made some adjustment in the panel. New TV offers you lots of new setup based on various support. Try to run a channel scan and turn on and off the set top box. If you have any other TV connect the same to it and check again. Many time with movement of some cable or cleaning make things work. Or else it is best to contact the service provider.