Thread: Need an IP PHONE for US Nos in India

Need an IP PHONE for US Nos in India

I am searching for the VOIP telephone service, similar to Vonage in US. They are just issue a phone set and the phone number and also a VOIP adapter and that all for the broadband connection at home.
    I do not want your PC must be running as we use the Skip & Stanaphone, just not PC to call. The only thing that should require a broadband connection in my house. I'd just plug my VOIP adapter to my broadband and phone will function like any decent phone. So how do I sign up and get this system from Vonage, that here in India.
    I need an IP phone for US nos in India. Any information is will be appreciated.

Re: Need an IP PHONE for US Nos in India

You can use any of Windows Mobile use of Wi-Fi enabled Skype phone for this purpose. You have to use wireless router and in some cases to you need to buy VoIP phone from ebay and set it to use with which ever service provider you want to use. I hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any further problem then reply.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Hello

Well I just need to use my normal phone to become and IP phone, through which I will be able to call to my clients in US. I have also contacted PHONE POWER and VONAGE but they replied that they do not ship.

One more thing can I use Skype to call unlimited to my clients those have the skype in their computer system in USA.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Only thing I can suggest is that keep looking for VOIP companies that offers BYOD (Bring your own device) that is also known as soft phone service, and you do not need to get the device shipped to India. With BYOD all they do is set up a DID number means open a phone account in your name and transfer all the details though e-mail and you will be charged via your credit card. After that buy a VOIP device in India configure the setting in the device and you are all set to go.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank for the reply I have got rid of that problem but now facing a new one. I was asked to create a demo for the IP phone to connect from dial-up to our office through ADSL modem. Is it even possible? If yes, please advise me how to do it. I use Windows XP and I downloaded the IP phone software from Nortel. All components of the Nortel-based products.

Basically, when you connect to the Internet through dial-up, you should configure the software to use the phone service in your office, either through VPN or some other way. Settings for this should be your softphone software. Nortel website has some great information about how it works, including diagrams. I would suggest looking there first, because it is their product and of course, the software will be slightly different for each type of softphone used. You will also want to set the compression ratio to something more favorable to your connection type.

Why do we see many companies in India are using this technology for revolutionizing to VOIP phones? Telecommunications flourishes as nothing and charges are well below the average of 2-3 years before the Call cost logging. If VOIP comes into the picture, then it will really reduce the fixed charges and without wires running around all over our streets and the potholes dug whenever wire running into the streets. Also, the phone will be available in every village in the country.