Thread: BSNL broadband connection to ubuntu

BSNL broadband connection to ubuntu

I have started using Ubuntu operating system recently and i would like to use my internet connection with my ubuntu too. Is it possible to connect BSNL internet connection on my ubuntu operating system. I am planning to go for the 599 unlimited plan. please tell me how to go about this. Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Bearer; 06-05-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Re: BSNL broadband connection to ubuntu

First of all i would ask you to mention the details about your router since there are different settings for different routers. Without knowing the router model it is difficult to mention what settings are needed to get adjusted and hence i would suggest you to mention some more details about the router as well as the operating system. So that i can help you in this regard.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

As far as i know you should try to take some online help by visiting the BSNL's official website. If your query is not answered then i would suggest you to call the customer care and ask the customer care executive the method to configure the internet broadband connection on your Ubuntu system. He shold guide you thoroughly.

The steps which are mentioned below will help you to configure BSNL Broadband connection on Ubuntu follow them

• Open the Network Control Panel
    • To open it you can go through Taskbar -> System -> Administration -> Network.
    • Select the unlock button and then provide the password when you are asked to unlock the features which were locked.
    • Now, Select wired connection and then select properties. Then the Connection setting tab will appear search “Automatic configuration (DHCP)” from the list and click OK.
    • Now click point to point connection and then when you browse to the properties it will pop up the pppo properties. Remember to check the checkbox named as Enable this connection and also the PPPoE connection type. Fill in the username and password when prompted.
    • Now you will have to select the Modem tab within the same Window. Then select Ethernet interface and click the option tab select all check boxes.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

You can get the setting online or over the phone so it would be better if you try to call MTNL customer care executive he will guide you to make the adjustment over the phone. Follow the instructions as laid by the customer care executive So that you can install the settings on the Ubuntu operating system.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I think it is not possible to get BSNL settings installed on the ubuntu operating system so i would suggest you not to go ahead on this matter. Try to subscribe to a service provide which will provide support for ubuntu linux operating system since this application is rarely used so this would help you to get rid of this application.