Thread: Tata Indicom Photon Plus - sharing between PC and Laptop

Tata Indicom Photon Plus - sharing between PC and Laptop

Hello there, I have Tata Indicom photon plus connection on my computer which I am using on the desktop computer running on Windows Xp. I have recently bought a new Laptop and I want to share the same connection on the laptop as well as computer. So if anybody here can help me with Tata Indicom Photon Plus - sharing between PC and Laptop then it would be really helpful.

Re: Tata Indicom Photon Plus - sharing between PC and Laptop

You will have to buy some hardware in order to share the same connection between two computers. You will have to get a router for sharing the same connection between different computers. The router which has to be used, will have to configured properly. Once the router is configured properly, you can share the same connection between different computers.

No you will not be able to share the internet connection using TATA indicom photon plus. The USB modem which provides the internet connection is capable of providing connection to a single computer and not to many. Also sharing of the connection is not allowed between different computers from the ISP side. Hence there is no use in implementing any hardware for sharing the connection. It is better that you get a separate USB modem for the laptop.

Thanks for sharing the information about TATA indicom photon plus. As sharing of the connection is not allowed, I will have to buy a new connection. So can you give me suggestions which ISP to buy which will allow me to share the same connection between the two computers. Any help is highly appreciated.

There are many Internet service providers which allow sharing of connection between different computers. Reliance, BSNL etc are some service providers. Select the ISP depending on the plan and the nature of service which you require. You can also ask the service engineers to setup a sharing connection between different computers.

Now I have subscribed for AIRTEL broadband and now I need to set up sharing connection between the computer and the laptop. The Airtel connection is coming through a Beetel 450TC1 router. So if there is any special configuration to be done to share the connection, then please share the information about the same. Thanks in advance.

To share the AIRTEL connection with multiple computers, you will have to configure the router properly. Enable the Wireless LAN on the router and keep a proper authentication password. Now start the Wifi on the laptop and search for all the available networks on the computer. Select and connect to the router using the authentication password.

ThumbsUp Re: Tata Indicom Photon Plus - sharing between PC and Laptop

you can share your tata photon + connection with your pc and laptop
    all you have to do is grab a LAN cable for PC to Laptop Connectivity

Than Share the photon connection on LAN