Thread: Error 678 on Airtel broadband

Error 678 on Airtel broadband

Hello friends, I have been using Airtel broadband connection for a while now and have never faced such an error with it before. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP. The internet was working fine, but after I upgraded the operating system on the computer to Windows XP SP2, I get an Error 678 on Airtel broadband. The error message says "Remote computer does not respond". How to solve such error? Is this because of operating system upgrade? Please help.

Re: Error 678 on Airtel broadband

Sometimes the configuration of the router changes due to improper switching off of the router. If such a situation occurs then the router will not function properly and will give the errors which you are getting. Login to the router and open the settings page. Get the settings verified by the Customer support executive. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then save the configuration. Reboot the router and check if the same problem persist.

There is a high possibility that the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is giving rise to such error. Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and check if the system is giving same error or not.

For proper working of the computer, the operating system of the computer should work properly. If the operating system of the computer is not working properly then the system will give such errors. This problem can be due to files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Replacing the files which are corrupt will solve the problem. Repair the current installation of Windows and see if the system works properly or not.

I think the problem which you are facing is due to the ISP problem. The remote server to which the computer is connected must not be responding to the query which your computer is sending. Therefore I would suggest, you contact the customer support of Airtel and get the problem rectified. Once the problem is rectified, you will not face the same problem.

The problem which you are facing is due to the Windows operating system which you are using. Windows XP service pack 2 has lot of issues with networking components which cause such problem. You can try and repair the current installation of Windows on the computer and see if it helps. To repair the current installation of windows, insert the installation disk of the operating system and boot the system from the drive. Select the repair option and let the procedure complete.

Yes I think the problem which I am facing was due to the faulty operating system which was installed on the computer. I removed the Windows XP service pack 3 from the computer and installed Windows Xp service pack 2 on the computer. Now after changing the operating system on the computer, I am not facing the same problem. Thanks for helping out.