Thread: Dish TV gadget to help switch DTH operator

Dish TV gadget to help switch DTH operator

Hello guys,
    I have read that we can switch to the other from the Direct-To-Home (DTH) service provider.!! That too we have not to discard the set-top box (STB) and the dish. This is the thing that I liked the most and want to know more about it. So I thought that you guys would be knowing more about it, so decided to ask to you. Please give me some more information about the Dish TV gadget to help switch DTH operator. Hoping that you will provide me soon.!!
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Dish TV gadget to help switch DTH operator

I think that you will able to switch DTH operator if you are not satisfied with it. Also the news is out that the largest DTH operator of the country, proposes to launch Conditional Access Modules (CAM) in some days. Due to which the ubscribers of other DTH players would get help to switch over to the company's platform at a lower price.

Conditional Access Modules is just like the card-like gadget which you can insert in the set-top box due to which it will enable the subscriber to shift from the current DTH provider to another. The licensing norms of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) mandate that the STBs offered by the DTH players should be CAM-compliant or have an empty space where the card could be inserted. The proposed move by Dish TV, the first time in the country by any operator, could indirectly trigger inter-operability in the DTH sector. The company also proposes to launch High Definition TV (HDTV) services in the next three months.

Besides bringing in a new set of subscribers for Dish TV, the launch of CAM would also bring down the cost of subsidy. Like all other DTH operators, Dish TV also subsidises the cost of hardware to an extent of around Rs 2,500 for every new subscriber it adds and recovers this subsidy over a period of some three years through monthly charges.

I think that you can switch to the other from the Direct-To-Home and the good news is that you can do without changing the set-top box. Even I want to change the DTH operator and thinking to go for some other services. Dish TV has a subscriber base of 6.5 million and the company is targeting to add about 2.5 million new users in the next financial year.