Thread: Best ISP For Multiplayer Gaming (Urgent)

Best ISP For Multiplayer Gaming (Urgent)

I need internet connection for playing multiplayer games online. I am used to play LAN games. And now I have setup a system of my own. For this I require a internet connection which facilitates online gaming with no lags. I usually play Warcraft III, Counter Stike, Call of Duty 4 and such games online. So I need suugestion for an ISP to get internet connection for online multiplayer gaming.

MTNL the Best

Hey even I play online games very often, usually Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead. I have got MTNL Rs.999/- plan which offers unlimited download. The download speed is upto 1 Mbps and the download is not yet experienced by me in the last 5 months of my connection. Also there is no lagging which playing any games. So I suggest you to check the MTNL tariffs and plans for internet connection.

Re: Best ISP For Multiplayer Gaming (Urgent)

Check if there is any internet service provider who provides 3G internet connection in your area. This is really fast passed internet connection which boost internet speed to 4 to 5 Mbps. I guess it is provided by BSNL with the help of EVDO technology. If you are not having tall buildings or any other major obstruction in your locality you might check the BSNL EVDO plan.

If you are looking for a wired internet connection for your desktop then Reliance is also a good option. The Surf Addiction 400 plan by Reliance can be useful for you to play games online. This is expected to give an average download speed of about 400 - 450 Kbps. The monthly rental for this is 749 Rs.

To play LAN games internet is essential but also you need to have the sufficient system configuration. If you are not having a sufficient system configuration for LAN games then even if the internet speed is quite it is expected to lag. Probably a good GPU is also an equal requirement as internet connection for playing LAN games. MTNL and Airtel are two ISPs which I feel are having a number which you might be interested to have look. Visit official sites of MTNL and Airtel and check the suitable plan details.

Hey guys, I stay in Ahmedabad. I was also looking for some good isp since i play Counter Strike Source and Counter Strike 1.6, i tried with youtelecom and bsnl, youtelecom was good earlier but they had to provide me their wimax as my area is not under their reach to supply the cable. Bsnl wasn't that good, it gave many frequent disconnections. I tried with a local wifi, but that also din work. So, the only option was reliance. They finished the wiring and also gave me the hardware on the very same day i paid them their money. For first 2 days, the ping was above 190. Before opting for reliance, i had consulted my techy friend, he said that reliance would gibe high pings as they dont route via NIXI anymore. Since there was no alternative i had to opt for reliance. But after the 2 days, it gave me 30-40 ping which was very stagnant all time except the afternoon. I complained regarding the afternoon time, within the next 6-7 days, they routed me via the main Mumbai DLC (backbone server), now i get 40 latency all the time whenever i connect. The speed is also really fine. I have opted for the nightzoom plan Rs. 549/-
    Day time: 500 kbps
    Night time: 800 kbps.