Thread: Office Outlook 2003 And Mtnl Triband

Office Outlook 2003 And Mtnl Triband

I have recently got a new MTNL Triband connection in mumbai. The computer which has the connection is running on Windows Xp operating system. On this computer there is an Office outlook 2003 installed on it. I am facing some problems with Office Outlook 2003 and Mtnl Triband. I have configured my company email ID on Office Outlook 2003 but I am not able to send emails from the ID. All the mails which are sent, are reverted back. I cannot figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Office Outlook 2003 And Mtnl Triband

I think there is some problem with the Office outlook which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer, have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the computer, then the application will not work properly. Therefore you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall the current version of outlook from the computer and remove all the keys/files which are related to the application. Reboot the system and install the application again.

Check the configuration which you have done for Outlook and the email ID. For the user to receive and send mails from an Outlook application successfully, the configuration of the email address should be proper. If the email ID is not configured properly then the user will not be able to send or receive the emails via Outlook. Therefore check the configuration for the outlook and the email on the computer and make necessary changes if required. Save the configuration and see if the problem is solved.

Are there any security software's installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem. All the security softwares have the tendency to block the unknown traffic originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. Hence try and move the process of Outlook to the trusted applications list of the security software. You can also try and disable the realtime shield of the firewall or the antivirus which you are using and see if you are able to send and receive emails or not.

Scan the system with an Antivirus as I suspect that the system is infected with some kind of virus which is creating such problems. Virus's have the tendency to link with the files of the applications which are used frequently by the user. If such a situation occurs then the application will give some problems while running. Hence scan the system and check all the files which are corrupt. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the files, see if the application is working properly.

Open the Outlook configuration page and then configure the mail client as follows :-
    Incoming mail: pop.mtnl.net*in
    POP3 Port: 110

Outgoing mail: smtp.mtnl*net*in (server requires authentication)
    SMTP Port: 25

Incoming / Outgoing server account name should be: yourusername@mtnl*net*in

(note replace * with .)
    After configuring the mail client as follows, you will not face the same problem again.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600