Thread: Speedtest.net reliable

Speedtest.net reliable

I wanted to inquire whether or not the speedtest.net is reliable to check the internet speed. I have got a MTNL internet triband connection at my home for my desktop computer that runs on Windows Vista. I have checked the speedtest.net but the results are not conclusive for me. What are your opinions?

Re: Speedtest.net reliable

Yes, even I feel the same. When I had done the speedtest it showed me a download speed of 150 Kbps, though my internet service provider gives me a download speed of only 128 Kbps as per my tariff plan. Also when I downloaded any file it used to be download at a maximum download speed of 130 Kbps. So the speedtest result never matched my actual usage of internet.

There are some components which will affect your otherwise download/upload speed which is shown by the speed-test results. Incase you are using running torrent download and checking the speed-test at the same time, the output will not be at all appropriate. To get a more close to appropriate speed-test result close all other online applications and then perform the speed-test, the output so obtained will be close to appropriate.

Incase you find the results of speedtest,net not enough conclusive then you may have a try at some other speed tests. For this use Google to get some other online speed test sites which will help you to check your internet speed. Though for me the speedtest.net are the most perfect result to check the internet speed. And thus it is more reliable than any other internet speed tests.

The internet speed does varies, this is due a heavy number of users in peak hours and lesser number of users in the other hours. Usually during the day time there are a very huge number of users accessing the internet which may in turn affect your overall download or upload speed. Where as at the night time this number of users decrease significantly so sometimes you may even get more then expected download or upload speed. So it all depends on when you conduct the speed test.

To obtain a more realistic result of your internet connectivity speed my recommendation is that you need to take the speed test at different time intervals. The average calculated of all test can be thus a more close to reality. But this is a tedious task. Also sometimes it may be an issue with your internet service provided due to which the internet speed test is showing you a false output.

I dont know about speedtest.net. The best solution to your problem is to check your speed in many other speedtest sites like this is where i check my speed.