Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

abishek Guest

Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Quote Originally Posted by m_sankar View Post
    Hi Friends,

I want to bring Sony Bravia KDL-32EX710(NTSC Only) TV to Chennai India this month. Am already having Airtel digital TV at chennai so i feel Airtel HD will be better idea but not confident on selecting this as some other blogs recommended Dish True HD. Am interested in avoiding the converter please tell me which one to choose here. Also please let me know the required converter modal to be on safe side if some one knows the same.

Thanks in advance,
    Sankar
    You can go with the RCA DTA800B1 and Dish Network TR-40 CRA, both are very good converters. The DTA800B1 has an excellent remote with jumbo-size buttons, a basic electronic program guide. The RCA DTA 800, that you can purchase at Walmart. If they are out of stock, you can try the online and telephone retailers.

I have LG 42LE5400 TV from USA which only supports NTSC. I also had also purhcased Atlona AT-HD560 HDMI converter along with it.

In India I purchased Tatasky+ DTH HD receiver and it work great without any converter. I am using HDMI cable between them. now my Atlona AT-HD560 is currently of no use.

Earlier I had Airtel receiver of which i had RF connected to TV tuner card and my LED TV was working as monitor. Due to Quality issue it was not good.
    Last edited by sardarji; 09-04-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sardarji View Post
    I have LG 42LE5400 TV from USA which only supports NTSC. I also had also purhcased Atlona AT-HD560 HDMI converter along with it.

In India I purchased Tatasky+ DTH HD receiver and it work great without any converter. I am using HDMI cable between them. now my Atlona AT-HD560 is currently of no use.

Earlier I had Airtel receiver of which i had RF connected to TV tuner card and my LED TV was working as monitor. Due to Quality issue it was not good.
    If you want then you can sell your Atlona AT-HD560 in the buy and sell section of this website. People who are willing to buy it at second rate will definitely consider getting it. The problem that I have heard from the tv tuner card is that, it destroys the life long capacity of any monitors and hence I wouldnt consider buying it though.

i am sorry but this is a repetitive question...
    i plan to buy the sony bravia KDL-32EX500 from the us
    i have a airtel digital tv which i will upgrade to airtel HD.
    would i experience any connectivity issues between my STB and the bravia?
    would I be required to buy any connectivity cables for the same?
    i am a novice in this regard. so please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by parthsathawale View Post
    i am sorry but this is a repetitive question...
    i plan to buy the sony bravia KDL-32EX500 from the us
    i have a airtel digital tv which i will upgrade to airtel HD.
    would i experience any connectivity issues between my STB and the bravia?
    would I be required to buy any connectivity cables for the same?
    i am a novice in this regard. so please help me.
    I dont think there will be any issue with the STB and the bravia, recently customers of Sony’s Bravia range of LCDs can take this opportunity to experience the magic of next generation MPEG4 DVBS 2 DTH technology on airtel digital TV, as it was announced. Customers purchasing Sony Bravia LCDs 32″ and above will get an airtel digital TV HD connection by recharging an additional Rs.1000 and similarly, there are many more offers that you can check as well.

ThumbsUp Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

All those who are not sure about Airtel HD, I have it installed on my NTSC only TV which I brought from USA. It is working fine with HDMI. I didn't try it out with component as the HD box did come with only HDMI cable. The other advantage of Airtel is it SD broadcast is in MPEG4 so quality is better than other broadcasters which is in MPEG2.

Hi Friends,
    For all those sailing in the same boat, The info from my side is I have tried Airtel HD connection with my sony bravia tv(NTSC only) and result is fail. When connected with AV input am getting B&W picture. When connected HDMI am getting "Unsoupported signal check the output of the device".

Now not sure what to do. Checking with other service providers and thinking of buying PAL to NTSC converter. Looking for the same in chennai. Let me know if any one had successful experiment here.

Thanks,
    Sankar

sad Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Hello,
    I have exactly same problem what m_sankar is having. I am in ahmedabad and just 5 mins back airtel guys came with setup box and checked with my sony kdl55nx810 which supports only NTSC.

now airtel stb on rca shows disturbed(not clear) b/w picture and HDMI says signal not supported.

please share any solution. even I checked the stb its from Keonmedia as someone posted in this thread.

help appreciated. also, if airtel does not work, is there other TV service which surely works.

Airtel Digital TV will not employ for you. You are able to contact several Dish TV dealers and obtain a Dish TV VGA Box (Dish TV resting on Computer) make available that your TV comprise VGA input. Within that case your TV will operate as a LCD monitor and NTSC-PAL signal won't substance. The output picture quality will furthermore be extremely superior for your TV as your TV is not extremely large. I hope this will help you thank you.

Here is the postive update from my side.
    I took Reliance BigTV HD connection yesterday.
    With component out put am able to get proper picture on my NTSC only TV with out any converter. Am using the AV out put from set up box to get the audio. The quality is decent and am gettting the out put from setup box in 1080i and 16:9 ratio which matches to my TV. Also i can watch HD channels like National Geo. HD etc., . Am not loosing any edges on the video. The set up box has HDMI but am not able to get any picture from that getting audio only. When connected through HDMI am still getting unsupported signal message.

I have even tested with normal setup box from bigTv which also has the component out put. Though am getting the picture and audio properly, i have noticed that the set up box delivers 576i image. Also am not able to get any HD channels to view from this.
    This made me to opt for HD box insted the normal one.
    Now i need to start watching the channels and see the difference.
    Hope this will be useful to other friends looking in to this thread.

Regards,
    Sankar

Hi,
    How your TV is working with Dish TV HD?. I tried with SunDirect HD connection. But I am unable to get HD channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by muralia View Post
    Yesterday I installed Dish TruHD box and hooked up to my Sony Bravia KDL40-v2500 NTSC LCD TV. It worked great. Both Component as well as HDMI are working. I enjoyed Indo-pak match on Star Cricket HD.
    The technician first setup the Dish and LNB to receive the signals as well as the OTA updates. He then connected the TruHD STB and triggered the OTA firmware update to STB. Then switched the video source to Component and configured the HDMI settings to 60Hz. Then switched the video source to HDMI. Now both video sources are working like charm.

So, whoever is brining the NTSC TVs from USA, no need to worry at all. Just install Dish TruHD and get rid of all convertors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12