Thread: Prepaid wireless mobile broadband

Prepaid wireless mobile broadband

Hey Guys,

I would like to know that whether its good idea to go for prepaid wireless broadband. However, I’m a bit wary of what the rates will be. If ends up at the per-minute ratio of postpaid cellular to the per-minute rate of prepaid, well, then we might be onto something for the occasional mobile Internet user. Like me, who travels by train about once a week. So, can any one tell me that whether i should go for prepaid wireless mobile broadband or not? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Prepaid wireless mobile broadband

Wireless broadband services allow users to connect their laptops to the Internet via the carriers 3G wireless network. These services have mostly been targeted at business users. Of course, prepaid’s casual rates are more expensive than the equivalent data deal once you’re locked into a contract. And given how affordable 3G wireless broadband can become you could even be better off on an entry-level contract plan.

There's little doubt that Telstra's Next G network reaches the parts of Australia that other 3G networks can't touch. Vodafone offers the best all-up deal when you consider the higher data allocation in its Starter Pack, the good recharge rates and the greatly extended coverage of the carrier’s dual-band network. On the other hand, if you're only travelling occasionally, then signing up for a highly expensive contract plan just for once-a-year Internet access seems a bit pointless.

Users who are new to wireless broadband will find it very easy to get confused with the ever increasing number of choices made available to them as they search for the best wireless broadband package. If you travel frequently, look for a carrier that allows prepaid customers "roam" that is, make calls outside of their network. Prepaid niche players, such as Leap Wireless and Virgin Mobile, have recognized the demand for prepaid wireless broadband services, and they are already selling services to address the market.

Additional megabytes of usage can be added as often as needed with credit or debit cards. You simply buy Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards. Many users may quickly find themselves downloading far more data then they expected over their prepaid wireless broadband due to the rise in the number of sites offering streaming audio or video and media rich internet pages as internet technology continues to advance.

Verizon Wireless offer customers who want Internet access on-the-go a prepaid wireless broadband option for their laptops. This can sometimes lead to users paying a lot more than they expected simply because they didn’t realise that they were accessing so much information. Prepaid mobile broadband often becomes unsuitable for users who begin to access the net more or decide that they need to download larger amounts of data and the limited data allowances provided by prepaid mobile broadband services are suddenly not enough for them.