Thread: Airtel Broadband blocking VOIP services

Airtel Broadband blocking VOIP services

From last one year i had been using Airtel broadband with VOIP ATA. It seems to be working fine with out giving much problem. But all sudden from last few days when i try to plug my phone in to VOIP ATA, i'm not able to get any dial tone from it. Also, the VOIP (or Voice) Light on the ATA is no longer lit up. My internet connection seems to be working fine, as my LAN output from the VOIP ATA is connected to my PC and I can browse without problem. Is the problem with my phone? Or is Airtel blocking my VOIP services? Does any body have any idea about it? Pleas help me to get rid of the above issue. Thanking you in advance.

Re: Airtel Broadband blocking VOIP services

Airtel Broadband Services is India's most preferred high-speed Internet service. It has become the first ever telecom operator in the country to offer 'free broadband' access. So, it might be blocking your VOIP services, it may be some other fault.

I'm using Vonage services in my house and according to me Airtel is very good for Voip. I think you should try to reset your voip packets. Do you have vuze p2p software? If yes, then get the network status moniter plugin and run the program in order to open your voip.

If you are having a P2P connection, then Airtel might not be blocking your VOIP services. If you use Static IP then may it be possible, that Airtel might block your VOIP services. I think you should contact your local dealer or try to contact Airtel services center for the above issue. Airtel technical support might assist you properly in order to get rid of the above issue.