Thread: How to setup router connectivity along with Hathway broadband?

angry How to setup router connectivity along with Hathway broadband?

Hi All,

I've just bought a broadband internet connection from Hathway, and am trying to hook it up with my Netgear WGR614 router.

I've tried to configure the router myself. Apparently some DHCP settings have to be made? Can someone please help me out with what settings I need to configure?

My connection details are as follows:
    IP: 115.96.218.84
    DNS: 202.88.130.15

The letter I've got doesn't state the subnet mask and the default gateway, but if I use the LAN cord directly, then they are as follows:

Subnet mask: 255.255.192.0
    Def gateway: 115.96.192.1

I've called Hathway, and they're telling me that they WONT help me configure it!

Re: How to setup router connectivity along with Hathway broadband?

In hathway you do not dial to the internet like broadband providers, On the router you will have to select static IP/fixed IP in the connection type, then use the IP address and subnet mask that you get on the computer when you are directly connected. Now let the router have its own DHCP configuration, it will be no problem, now you will need to clone the MAC address of your computer's Lan Card into the router. Router has this feature. Then see if you are connected or not... Do post back...

I have recently switched to Hathway from Airtel and I am facing the same issues while configuring the Beetle 450bx1 adsl+ router.

I tried making the ip static and copy the ip address and default gateway that I get for ethernet connection in the router settings, still it is not working. Can someone pls help?

Do you have all settings which are required for connectivity. Like the ip address, the dns server and the login credentials provides by hathway. There is a reset switch on the backside or router. You need to press than and enter the configuration properly. Then only the internet will work. After adding details in the router go in your Local Area Connection Properties > TCP/IP and configure the settings here also.