Thread: Fax services similar to voip

Fax services similar to voip

I have known that voice over IP is possible and its quite cheap in the USA. I want to know that can the VOIP service be used for Fax? A VOIP has a DID number to which an incoming as well as outgoing calls can be made. Using the same number, can we send or recieve fax? help...

Re: Fax services similar to voip

VOIP is not very common in India but it is surely cheap. Well fax over ip is what you mean. Its not sure that this is possible or not but its better you consult with your VOIP provider. As VOIP has a number just like a normal telephone, faxing may be possible.. Not sure though...!

Fax over IP [FOIP] is similar to VOIP. Some VOIP providers support faxing but some doesn't. Also you get a very less baud rate, max 9600. Well at this speed if you tranfer your fax, one line will be atleast 100k in size. As the fax is converted to image and then transmitted over the other side, where it is printed as an image. The changes of Fax over VOIP service is very less also you may need to try it several times to get through successfully for a single fax. Not reliable at all.

Instead of using fox over VOIP use FAX over IP. It is dedicated for fax only. There are a lot of providers in the USA providing FOIP. I have a friend in the USA and through which i know one provider which he is signed up with. It is Onesuite Fax service over IP