Thread: Copy DISH DVR Movies to Pc

Copy DISH DVR Movies to Pc

Hello , I Have Satellite Dvr installed at my Home , Can You tell me it is Possible to copy/ transfer the movies Downloaded in it, or Can i Transfer the recorded Television Show To my Pc, Please i have some of my Best Show recorded, and they are Filling up the Space , Which i Would like to Free Up ,as i Want to Record more of them , Thanks in advance

Re: Copy DISH DVR Movies to Pc

When a program has HDCP you will still able to make one copy (analog or digital) of a program that airs but, you will not be able to then further duplicate that copy. For example, if you have a DISH Network DVR you can record a show but you would not be able to then record that same show to a DVD recorder. You could however “move” this copy to a PocketDISH, meaning the show would move from the DVR hard drive to the hard drive in the PocketDISH, once moved the show would no longer be available on the DVR.

I dont Think You Will be Able to do That as the the drive is formatted in a Linux format, and in addition to that the files on the drive are encrypted. Dish does offer the little portable players that allow you to transfer recordings, but they will be in standard def, not HD. I think it's called "PocketDish"HDCP is only an encryption in HDMI/DVI link (there is no HDCP on TS stream). There should be some flag which will introduce on TS stream to activate the HDCP encryption
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Hello , i Think atleast one single copy would be allowed for a show that is protected with HDCP. well you can hook it upto a tv tuner card and record it there , The recorder would of course need to be HDCP compatible and the show would no longer be available on the DVR hard drive.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Transferring dish network's dvr to pc can be done with small configuration for dish network dvr computer.Installing the Driver and pluging up the DVR to your PC the DVR Should Show in "My Computer" as a Removable Drive and you can able to access the DVR By from My computer... so copy video DVR to Computer HDD and can burn it to cd or dvd ...

dvr-computer Guest

The video files that your Dish DVR uses are encoded, so they cannot be digitally copied to a computer. so your best hope of copying your DVR recordings is to do so in analog form. Transfer the files in two different ways: Use a video capture device on your computer, or record the video to a DVD.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 23-08-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: External links not allowed, not even in signatures. Removed the same.