Thread: HUAWEI EC168C broadband USB modem not working

HUAWEI EC168C broadband USB modem not working

My friend purchased reliance broadband USB modem HUAWEI EC168C last month. He went out of India for 1 month so he gave me that modem for use but i am having problem with my DELL Inspiron 1525. Dell laptop not detecting modem HUAWEI EC168C USB Broadband modem. Can some one help me ?

Thanks

Re: HUAWEI EC168C broadband USB modem not working

See this How to install Huawei EC168c USB Modem on desktop/laptop it will help you to install HUAWEI EC168C modem.

Try to install this modem on other machine if it works on other machine then there is problem in your machine. Then reinstall vista on your machine.

angry Re: HUAWEI EC168C broadband USB modem not working

Hi all,
    I have been following this thread religiously after I brought reliance Huawei EC168c USB Modem connection.Though my laptop (Acer Travelmate 2300,Windows XP ,SP 2) recognizes it properly ,but after I connect ,a stranger error is coming:
    ''There is no disk in the drive.Please insert a disk into drive \Device\hardDisk1\DR5 ''
    As soon as I connect to internet this message opos up and the sppeds drops to zero.So ,though I am connected but I cannot surf BECAUSE SPEED IS VIRTUALLY NONE.I at first thought its a usb issue,so got it replaced,but still this error is coming! I have attached this error in the attachment (reliance_Huawei EC168c_error.JPG).Please let me know if any one have idea.A reply will be highly appreciated.I am having no clue what to do?

It shows "unwise_.exe" generally unwise is used as an 'uninstaller'. Something or Some program is trying to uninstall the software. Its a software problem. Try to download a fresh copy of the drivers might help you. All the best!

"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1"
    To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods:

• Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.
    • Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.

To change the drive letter assignments in Windows XP, follow these steps:
    1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
    2. Insert a disk in the removable drive.
    3. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
    4. Click Disk Management.
    5. Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    6. Click the removable drive, click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Hi
    I am having EC 168 c modem and win xp 64x but it seems installer does not have direvers for win xp64x there is not folder containing direver for winXp64, but there are for win xp winVista and WinVista64

Hi, I have got information for Huawei that they do not provide support for ec168c on Win XP 64x ..
    if any body knows how to make it still work with win xp 64 please let me know.
    Thanks.

Huawei has tech support forums that you could try on...