Thread: Tata Sky reviews v/s Dish TV reviews v/s Big TV reviews

Tata Sky reviews v/s Dish TV reviews v/s Big TV reviews

Being a DTH user over a year now, I have used Tata Sky, Dish TV, Big TV till date. May be next review would also include Airtel I wont get into the details of what are the benefits or disadvantages of all the 3, but i will make an attempt to provide you a brief overview of Tata Sky review v/s Dish TV review v/s Big TV review

Let me take dish tv first.When it was launched, it was a perfect product for early adopters. There was no comparison untill Tata Sky came into the picture. But overall Dish TV services are average. Their customer care is a bit slow, although they have a huge network. Audio video quality definitely better than cable tv. They came up with lot of new features after Tata Sky. During rains, it takes time to get connected again with the satellite.

Tata Sky was expected to outplay Dish TV and it actually did it. Not in terms of numbers. Dish tv still has a larger base due to first mover advantage. But it terms of picture quality or audio quality, Tata Sky is much better. Even in other areas like customer care, they ensured minimal dissatisfaction. Tata sky customer service is very quick in solving issues. Another very interesting feature is their interactive tv (actve sports, actve darshan, actv cooking actve news etc). Although everyone may not like all the interactive channels, they are meant for specific age groups. During rains, it is comparatively better than dish tv.

Then came the big tv. They launched the product and as usual reliance company they are targetting everyone around. They came with mpeg 4 technology but its a compressiontechnology and has nothing to do with video and audio quality (which initially most of the people were under that impression). However, their packagesare comparatively cheaper but where big tv lacks is the customer service and has poor quality of STB.

Overall, amongst all the 3 service providers, i was more satisfied with Tata Sky. As i said Tata Sky has positioned themselves as premium service provider whereas dish tv and big tv are more popular in masses. Its upto you, how you perceive things ad which products & services you want to buy. But by sheer comparison numbers, Tata Sky scores above Big Tv and Dish Tv.

Re: Tata Sky reviews v/s Dish TV reviews v/s Big TV reviews

To encourage which one is the best provider you can also vote for the same: Reliance Big TV v/s Dish TV v/s TATA Sky

I agree with you Radhika. I have used Dish tv for some time now. Dish TV did have a first mover advantage but i think they became complacent at some point. I did see some improvement when competition came in (Tata sky) but Tata sky's quality is much better. Not had too many problems during rains though (It does not rain much in jaipur .)

Quote Originally Posted by devrajofjaipur View Post
    I agree with you Radhika. I have used Dish tv for some time now.

Radhika
    ! who are you taking with there is no one name radhika