Thread: Discussion on Airtel Digital Tv, Reliance Big TV, TATA Sky and Dish TV

Discussion on Airtel Digital Tv, Reliance Big TV, TATA Sky and Dish TV

Now recently Airtel Launched Digital TV enter in the DTH sector. where already competition between TATA Sky, Dish TV and Relaince Big TV. In that I think TATA sky is best compare to others in providing service and offers. Dish TV is also Good but cost is higher compare to TATA Sky.

Now the TATA Sky and Dish TV planning to launch DVR technology. The Digital Video Recorder (DVR), which allows viewers to record programmes in one channel while watching another and play according to convenience, is being billed as the next big thing in the evolving Indian DTH market.

Have not heard very good about Dish TV either .But I cant comment on it as I am not using it.But as far as TATA sky is concerned the experience is quite good.

Whenever there is a weather problem like rain there are no signals .Something always happens to the DishTv alignment (as they call it) and you can not watch anything on your tv screen except call customer care or your set top box is not properly connected.Now when you try to contact customer care which only takes one and half hour to connect and just about 50 min to connect to their customer care executive you are given a complaint number with a note that the problem will be sorted out within 24 to 48 hours.And very obviously it is not sorted out. Then you repeat the process.Your problem will be sorted out after a lot of persuasion by patiently contacting the customer care.The problem will recur again anytime the engineer who has sorted the problem walks out of your house.

DISH TV
    Happy home package costing Rs. 1990/- the channels available is 125 channels for one year, in this package Rs.200/- Extra for Installation and activation. NO details of Happy home package is available in Dish Tv website. (Note : No Sony and Star in the basic package).

TATA SKY
    Cost Rs. 1990/- including activation with one year subscription of initial package 53 channels named as Super hit pack Rs. 99 per month 53 channels.

ETV Marathi, ETV Oriya, ETV Rajasthan, ETV Urdu, ETV Uttar Pradesh / Uttarakhand, ETV Bangla, ETV Bihar, ETV Gujarati, FTV, Hungama TV, India TV, Loksabha TV, Set Max MH1, Mi Marathi, NDTV India, NE Television, Nepal One, News 24, PTC News, PTC Punjabi, SAB, Sanskar, Sony Entertainment TV, STAR Ananda, STAR Gold, STAR Majha, STAR News, STAR One, STAR Plus, STAR Utsav, STAR Jalsa, Aakaash (Bangla), Astha, DD bharti, DD Gyan Darshan, DD News, DD Punjabi, DD Rajyasabha, DD Sports, DD Urdu, DD1, DD10 Sahyadri (Marathi), DD11 Gujarati, DD12 Kashmiri, DD13 North East, DD6 Oriya, DD7 Bangla, Disney Channel,

I think TATA Sky is best.

Any idea which all channels are provided by Airtel digital TV ?

Now Videocon also planning to launch DTH Service in India. The idea is to have a DTH project at a cheaper cost than what has been touted till now by Tata Sky, Dish TV, Big TV and Airtel Digital TV the four private sector DTH service providers in the country.

Sun TV, a new entry in the DTH service provider. Set-top box+Disc+setup @ 499/- only. wow. but i don't think it will provide better service then TATA SKY. i'm using tata sky and it simply rocks!

Tata Sky+ is very good. It has features like pause,record,and rewind. My aunt has Tata Sky+ and she tells that t has amazing picture quality and services.

Re: Discussion on Airtel Digital Tv, Reliance Big TV, TATA Sky and Dish TV

I have been using Dish tv for very very long time. I will not say i am happy. It is too heavily oriented towards zee channels which are not too popular.

Dish TV - I have had an experience with Dish since 2 years now and the service is really sad not once but tried and tested time and again. I dont know why someone like shahrukh endorses it without finding out about their service. They do not have NEO SPORTS at all and dont care to inform that is missing. Also their sustomer service is the hardest to find and get them to work. Also in rains the service gets completely disrupted.

I am switching to Tata Sky now

Sharukh Khan does it for money and money alone. I would rather rather not watch TV than go through the whole frustrating experience of calling their customer service.

M fed up with my cable quality, and planning to purchase a DTH service. With so many players m gonna do my homework well..

While surfing, i came across this good blog on tatasky , It gave details about all its interactive services and explained plus features. It also has the recent amir Gul Ads..They look cute together, neway check it out

Thanks for the blog Smitz. Looks very informative and exhaustive.

I only hope he knows what lousy brand he is representing. I wish he would first check that and then do ads for them.

I bet one can never hear anything good about Dish tv at all.

I dont know about other operators but please advise all your friends / relatives to never subscribe for DIsh Tv. It is one of the most lousy DTH service providers. I am a customer of DISH TV for last 2 years and it has always been only problems and to add to it their customer service is the most irresponsible and lousy centre.

I am totally hooked on to my tata plus.. It has everything to offer in terms of quality, amazing useful features. It has added another dimension to watching tv.. recording my fav prgrms and the pause feature is awesome.

Big TV mostly includes south indian channels in its respective packages , but Dish TV gives 70 % of its channels as good hindi entertaining channels .

TATA sky offering nice channels in Super Hit Pack ( Rs 99 per month : 54 channels ) such as sony, star plus, (almost all star channel ), NDTV india, Etv, Set MAX and some news channel. Over all it's good compare to other DTH provider.

Any one using Sun DTH over here is Sun DTH better then Reliance Big TV, Dish and TATA Sky ? I only know that they are offering DTH services at Cheap rate.

Reliance will Big Tv is not good one of my friend lots of problem with Big TV.

Tata Sky Services Are Better Than Other Service As They Are Cost Effective, User Friendly Than Dish Tv., Easy To Handle. Online Customer Care Is Also Very Good. After All Tata Products Are Best In Quality.
    Engineer Of Tata Sky Are Well Trained As They Install Package Quickly & Accurately.

Thats the reason, Sharukh uses Tata Sky in his home! It was a news about a month back in TOI, New Delhi edition.

Tata Sky rocks! I had a avery bad experience with Big TV, thats why i shifted to Tata. After sales support in Big TV is DISGUSTING & IRRITATING.