Thread: MTNL Triband

MTNL Triband

MTNL has launched broadband services under Brand name Tri Band. Broadband Internet Service - An ‘always-on’ data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband Internet service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP.

MTNL Triband (broadband) service is being provided through the deployment of ADSL 2+ technology, a type of digital subscriber line(DSL). All Payments / Billing for the service will be included in the regular MTNL Telephone Bill.

MTNL Triband service is being provided on the existing copper infrastructure, initially Broadband Internet Service, other services such as VPN, multicasting, video conferencing, video-on-demand and broadcast application shall also be added in future.

Feature

• High speed data download for Broadband Internet data speed starts from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps
    • Simultaneous availability of Phone and Internet on the existing Telephone line ”Always on Internet”.
    • No call charges for Internet access.
    • ‘High on Value Low on Cost’ Service
    • Telephone will continue to work even in case of power failure at subscribers end.
    • ‘Use now and pay later’ in telephone bill. It provides a means to bill based on Volume of data downloaded.
    • Can share Broadband connection to create own LAN network i.e. more than one PC can be connected.

Yes, But MTNL is not providing service properly. There is many problem in using MTNL connection. If you want MTNL Broadband connection then it will take one or two months time. But other operater provides connection in 2/3 days or maximum one week.

Re: MTNL Triband

Quote Originally Posted by Shakti K View Post
    Yes, But MTNL is not providing service properly. There is many problem in using MTNL connection. If you want MTNL Broadband connection then it will take one or two months time. But other operater provides connection in 2/3 days or maximum one week.
    very true, they don't provide proper service and I feel that they are not capable to help you either on phone. I am using the same and my complaints made to them are cleared in the system without attending them so one have suffer these thing but one plus point is that their charges are genuine they don't cheat you in the usage like private service provider do.
    So I am not happy with MTNL but still using the broadband service because the charges are honest....

Thanks
    Manoj Sharma