Thread: Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD not detected

Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD not detected

I recently purchase Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD 240GB and connected it and installed Windows 8.1 on it and also copied some games. Everything was working fine but yesterday when I turned on my computer, after using it for few hours and leaving it idle for sometime, when I came back I found it in blue screen of death. So, I turned off computer and restarted it to find that the SSD is no longer detected in the bios. All other hard drives and DVD are working fine. I have tried removing and connecting the SSD back in the computer but it is not working. What other things should I do? Please help

Re: Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD not detected

Hi @Alvah,

Based on your post, it may be a SSD issue. I’d like to check with you, did you make any current changes in PC? Did you try the different power cable? To confirm that the SSD is working properly and there is no hardware issue, then try to connect SSD with another working computer as a secondary or storage drive, and run the CrystalDiskInfo or the manufacturer SSD toolkit in the system to test the SSD condition.
    If the result is bad or the SSD is not detectable, so I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_WD View Post
    Hi @Alvah,

Based on your post, it may be a SSD issue. I’d like to check with you, did you make any current changes in PC? Did you try the different power cable? To confirm that the SSD is working properly and there is no hardware issue, then try to connect SSD with another working computer as a secondary or storage drive, and run the CrystalDiskInfo or the manufacturer SSD toolkit in the system to test the SSD condition.
    If the result is bad or the SSD is not detectable, so I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA.

Hope it helps.
    Alright, I will try to connect it in my friends pc today and run CrystalDiskInfo tool to test the SSD.

Let us know the result

Can you try to plug the Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD with a different cable on the Sata ports and see if that works. If still it is not working then try to reset the bios options and wait for an hour with it connected to power only and various cold reboots. To do that simply remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for about 5 minutes with the main power cord disconnected and then replug it back and start your computer. You can also try to test the SSD in different computers and check if it is working there or not.

Did you check in BIOS properly whether the SSD is getting detected? If it is not getting recognized at all even after resetting the bios menu and changing every cable as well, then there is nothing you can do to recover it. You can send the SSD back to Sandisk since they will check the drive for analysis as it is a new product that you purchased as per its warranty terms. They will also tell you when and how to return it for a replacement.

Follow the below steps and see if it helps:
    1. Check the drive letter and the partition
    2. If it is possible, try to recover your data
    3. If the drive is NOT detected by the operating system, verify that the drive is detected by the BIOS
    4. If the drive is NOT detected by the BIOS verify that the power and data cables are properly connected
    5. If the drive is still NOT detected, try to detect it in another computer (internal) or connect it in an external enclosure
    6. Connect another drive to the same port
    7. Check the return policy and replace the drive

You can find more troubelshooting method over here - http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/de...Z3ZFUHZHaW0%3D