Thread: Want a good wireless headphone for TV

Want a good wireless headphone for TV

I am looking for a wireless headphone for my flat Samsung TV. I want a wireless headphone. Whenever I watch movies my mom complain a lot about the volume. So I want a wireless headset. Hwo can I find one that can work in the TV. I have one for my pc but it is not going to fit in the TV. I want a good quality for a TV that can offer me a theater type surround sound system. I had searched a lot on Google. I can only find headphones that are going to fit on the pc but not on the TV. I am trying to find a good model that can has a surround sound effect.

Re: Want a good wireless headphone for TV

When it comes to a headphone for a TV then you have to first check that you are having any input in your TV or not. If you are not having a audio jack then how you will be able to use it. Second thing you also have to check that your TV is having a Bluetooth connection or not. Without which you cannot use any wireless headphone on your TV. Most of the TV's comes with a regular connectivity options. For using a wireless headset on that you have to checkout a third party box that can connect it with the TV and let you to control the volume.

Direct connection is not possible. Because on a TV you get connectivity ports or usb port. And you wont get any audio jack on the same. You have to use a TV tuner card for the same. Just find a good one which has pc and audio jack connectivity. You have to connect the TV on that and you have to mute its volume. Then you can use the tv tuner remote to control the volume and manage the channels also. And you have to find a TV Tuner that has a wireless audio support. Like Bluetooth audio there are ample of them. You can also find a small dongle for the same.

It is right that you cannot directly connect a wireless headphone to a TV unless you are having a Smart TV. There are certain features needed to use the headphone. Or else it is not going to work well. My friend has a Smart TV that has a audio jack it. He had connected a 3.5mm audio receiver on that and connect the wireless headset to the TV through that. It is the fastest way to connect. The second thing you can do is as mentioned above get a TV Tuner card. But there also will be limitation. I do not really think TV Tuners have wireless connectivity in it

Yes you can do that. But you can connect a wired headphone. Not wireless. I had seen many small connectors on the web that comes with this small cable that offers you a 3.5mm to RCA connection. You just have to buy that small cable and then you have to connect the headphone at one side and RCA to the other side. And then you have to connect the same to the TV. This is a tiny convertor knows as Dual RCA to 3.5mm audio. You can also use this one. But if your headphone cable length is small then you might not be able to use it properly.

There is a bit confusion on this. If the RCA cable occupies two ports, then where does the set top box connectors will sit. I think there is a need of better convertor that can act as a link between the set top box and between the headphone. There are many Smart TV solution that you can buy. This Smart TV portable box connects to your tv through hdmi ports and offer you Android connectivity. Similar to a pc you can use many features on the same and it works really well. I think you can find a cheaper one in the market. You can also use Bluetooth dongles on it.